PDA

View Full Version : Early Remote Viewing During WWII?

A. Edward Moch
2006-Mar-19 Sun, 07:36
About Ten years ago, there was a short lived TV program called "The Others". In one of their Two Part episodes, an "elder member" of this group was approached by some Government Officials, asking if he could (Remote View) a downed jet/pilot somewhere behind enemy lines.

From the present day of the "Elder Member"... a flashback of the same man, but younger, during the time of World War II. A member of The U.S. Army Air Corps, he is depicted as some sort of clerk or recorder, keeping track of planes and pilots taking off and returning from bombing and fighter raids, against the Elite Nazi Luftwaffer. Those planes and pilots that didn't return, he would try to locate where they may have been shot down.

If this WWII flashback about Remote Viewing seems farfetched... perhaps not?

It is a fact that some forms of "Psychical Research" was being deployed by the British and U.S. Military, against the Nazi-German Army as a response to the extensive use of Psychic-Occult methods approved by Adolf Hitler, and his secret "cult" officers. This might be the start of present day so-called "Psychic-Mind Wars" that would be developed and later refined during the height of "The Cold War".

Be it "Astral Viewing", "Psychic Viewing", or some sort of "Early Remote Viewing" during WWII. The history of Remote Viewing needs to be looked at during this time period of WWII, and not dismissed as just a notion of TV Fiction. Of all the episodes from "The Others", this particular episode had far more detail to bring it based on a factual story.

There was a type of dowsing, called "Map Dowsing", that seems to fit and come to the same time frame. Many an "old time" dowsling expert claims that "Map Dowsing" does work, in a similar way that "CRV" type drawings depict situations and location targeting. If "Map Dowsing" was an intigal part of "Astral Viewing" during WWII... then present day "Remote Viewing" might be it's offspring.

What verifies this possibility is the so-called "Astral Tracking" of submarines by the U.S. Navy during the mid-1950's. During the nuclear atomic tests of "Project Wigwam", on the effects of underwater nuclear explosions on submarines, it would seem logical that a form of "Astral Viewing" was utilized in "Project Wigwam" for post-nuclear analysis.

In my opinion... these examples explain why there have been more than one technique in remote viewing protocol research and developement.

As Always;

Al

gen_x
2006-Mar-20 Mon, 07:54
Hi,
very true - there is a good book titled in my subect header that deals with the history of psyhcis used for battles and warfare.

the description below.

all the best...

daz

Book Description
A former intelligence professional sheds new light on the obscure intersection of the military and the paranormal-the Military-Occult Complex-and reveals the incredible story of psychic abilities turned into a weapon of war by the world's soldiers and spies.

In the annals of military and espionage history there have been many strange tales to be told, but none can match the saga of psychic espionage-the history of the Military-Occult Complex. With the flavor of fiction, but the foundation of fact, The Psychic Battlefield is the complete history of the use of man's extrasensory powers in search of the information needed to win wars-hot and cold.

The Psychic Battlefield spans the five thousand-year history of ESPionage, from the attempted overthrow of the Pharaoh Rameses by magic to the CIA use of military-trained psychics during the Cold War. It is a story as true as it is incredible.

This book reveals the story of the sacred Templar skull; the Angelic communications of John Dee, intelligence agent of Queen Elizabeth I; the psychic stranglehold of Rasputin on the Romanovs; and the occult endeavors of the Nazis and the Soviets.

The Psychic Battlefield contains the names and rites of the old demons of war, contacted by military strategists in search of supernatural support. It explains and discusses different methods of divination used by armies throughout history, and reveals the various ways of making a soldier into a superman.

The cast of characters includes such noteworthy names as sorcerer-poet Aleister Crowley, author Ian Fleming, spoon-bending General Stubblebine, and Psychic Warrior David Morehouse. In addition, the book features an exclusive interview with top psychic spy Joseph McMoneagle.

Most remarkable of all is Mandelbaum's fascinating exposé of the paranormal research and remote viewing experiments conducted by the CIA, as well as the real effectiveness of the government's Stargate program.

Attorney, psychic, former intelligence professional and dark-side investigative reporter W. Adam Mandelbaum clearly demonstrates that the final frontier of future wars and spies is the mind. Stay tuned.

A. Edward Moch
2006-Mar-20 Mon, 20:24
Hello Daz;

Yes... "Psychic Battlefield" does present a spoon fed introduction of the ebb and flow of 'psychical dynamics' over the centuries, and how it has been used and mis-used by both the gifted and the insane.

My own personal awareness came to me at a young age, and over the years, I had to learn, apply these experiences and most of all, understand the nature of this dynamics... both internally as well as externally. There is really no true sense of past, present, future when it comes to Remote Viewing. Whatever limits us, is what we have placed or created upon us... or think we have?

I profess not to be anyone special or unique, just one for "The Moment"... as there are others as well that have that understanding too, and apply it to their best abilities, and are not afraid of their potential.

If I might quote from the movie Dune... "Fear is the mind killer".

As Always

Al

Robert
2006-Mar-24 Fri, 04:54
The term RV was actually used?

Since the term remote viewing was a term coined by Targ and Putoff sometime in the 70's I am naturally a weee bit skeptical.
Robert:)

A. Edward Moch
2006-Mar-24 Fri, 17:58
Hello Robert;

It is difficult to really say who coin the name "Remote Viewing"? Though it is claimed in some areas that Dr. Targ and Dr. Putoff coined the name... it is also claimed that Dr. Osis and Swann came up with the name before they did... but a story from about the turn of the 20th Century claims that a magician-psychic in France around 1909, coined the name "Remote Viewing" in his psychical research on the subject, the name later falling to the wayside.

Though I was part of the early OOBE/Beacon "RV" experiments and interacted with Dr. Osis in the 1970's... I don't recall Dr. Osis (Or Swann) ever saying the name "Remote Viewing" to me, nor seeing any notes or documents having the name "Remote Viewing".

Going back to WWII... There was The 8th. USAC 357th.Group that sustained heavy losses of planes and pilots. I have discovered a photograph of fighter pilots posing in front of a fighter plane... and posing next to them was a "Black Man" with Staff Sgt. Stripes, that looks close to the person that is depicted in "The Others"?
I hope to obtain a DVD copy of that episode to see if this one of the same... if it is... then I will have much more to say to verify?

Did you know that movie actor "Clark Gable" was a member of the 357th.?

As Always;

Al

Robert
2006-Mar-28 Tue, 06:38
I have been searching the internet for this but have failed to find any reference. Perhaps I'm going about it wrong?
Robert

Jason
2006-Mar-29 Wed, 09:46
http://imdb.com/title/tt0229916/

http://www.tv.com/the-others/show/286/episode_guide.html

jimmy
2006-Apr-01 Sat, 06:47
Thanks; Jason 'The Others', Daz 'The Psychic Battlefield' and Al 'Early Remote Viewing' for the information. Robert has a good point, on the use of terms. For example the term: Place.

If, we were to use the term: 'thinking', in Remote Viewing. Are we, looking at only a single level of mental representation. Or, perhaps in Remote Viewing; two levels of conceptual structure - rather, there are two places; where computations are carried out. And, here the term, 'place', should be taken with caution.

In a Lucid Dream; I am opening the hotel's dresser drawer. It is all I have. There is not much there and I look into the next drawer. My brother has more - And, a lady sitting in a chair, 'next to the writing desk', interrupts my thoughts; "World War I has started." - She tells me.

I stop and look at her for a moment. She is my brother's girl-friend. They are both out of work and I have returned, 'from a two day interview'; for a teaching position, up the coast. Times and situations are changing quickly, for us.

It all, started about two months ago. I was walking up to the beach house. As, I started to put the key into the door; it swung open. There was a big black woman in the room. When she saw me, she said, "The owner said, I could have whatever, I wanted!" A young black woman walks through the door and starts to pick up a wicker chair. I told them, I would call the local Authority; if, any wicker works were taken off the property. They both grab the nearest item and quickly walk out the door.

I walk outside to shut the gate and I notice a young woman, 'with two children', standing by the fence. I ask her, "Would you like a wicker chair?" As, she walked into the house; she stopped and said, "He is jealous!" I walk over to the kitchenette area and on the 4-burner stove was my typewriter. The gas burner was on and a hole was in the middle of the typewriter; from its melted parts.

Just-A-Thought: In a Lucid Dream, I feel - 'I-Observer' is performing a single level of mental representation. It appears to be - the I-Observer's ability to use intent, to chose an awareness and move attention; is what brings about an experience. But, it is a cautious path, I look down and I sometimes, require correcting my feelings.

In the Lucid Dream: My brother and I walk out the Hotel's restaurant. We see the girl-friend trying to wheedle the Hotel's Manager. The Manager sees me and say's, "I had your things taken out and put on your car!"

Question: So, is Remote Viewing a communicating with oneself? If this is so - which fragment-place of oneself might be communicating with; which other fragment? I like this, question; but, it has me mystified.

In the Lucid Dream: We drive up the coast, 'to the place' I interviewed for a teaching position. They are having a school program, today. We arrive, just before the program is to start. I see a group of teachers and some school board members. And, I go sit by them. I try to start some idle-talk and say, "It must be difficult to cook, with the government's food rationing program?" The school's program suddenly starts; saving me, from their idle-stares.

Question: So, in Remote Viewing, is there a magic moment? A moment; when, meaningful information causes a reaction, in the receiver-thinking system of the brain.

Language and Human Behavior: I am reading a book, which is filling me full of questions. This is a book; 'I know', I should be studying. It was written by a Professor of Linguistics at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. The book is, "Language and Human Behavior" - by: Derek Bickerton.

Language and Human Behavior Term:
(Pg. 25) Protolanguage ~ could have created - or rather, would have had to create - a potential work space for off-line thinking. First, words have to be represented in the brain, somewhere, somehow. Second, such representations must be kept free of direct contact with motor centers, if inappropriate reactions to words (reactions of the type appropriate to calls) are to be avoided.

L & H.R. Term:
(Pg. 58) Now, if we may, make the distinction between what one might call on-line thinking and off-line thinking. ~ Off-line thinking was impossible, until there existed areas of the brain where new information could be processed without needing to be triggered by environmental input and without invoking immediate behavioral consequences. (This sounds like a great place, to be used in Remote Viewing.)

L & H.R. Term:
(Pg. 97) In constructional learning: those who can analyze memories of past events and use the product of that analysis to effect future events. ~ However such things can be done only if thinking is detached from the thinker's immediate environment, encapsulated from immediate interaction with the world, and carried out with the "just-a-cat, just-a-mat" kind of representations created for language and stripped of all their irrelevant particularities.

Professor Bickerton continues: Let's look more closely at this characteristic of detachment, since one of the features of off-line thinking is that it can occur simultaneously with on-line thinking.

Imagine you are driving and thinking about a committee meeting that awaits you there. You foresee problems. You believe your position is correct but you know you'll be facing strong opposition. Deep in your mental rehearsal of how to defend yourself and how you may be attached and how you can respond to those attacks, you are scarcely aware of the traffic around you or your hands and feet controlling the car. Then a ball bounces in front of you and the meeting scenario vanishes, replaced at the heart of your awareness by a vivid street scene, which as you brake, you scan furiously for the small child you expect will follow the bouncing ball. None does, and you accelerate and are back at the meeting, running on automatic, again.

Professor Bickerton states: Both driving and mental rehearsal constitute intelligent behaviors. The first, an example of on-line thinking, involves interaction with the outside world; the second, typical of off-line thinking, takes place wholly within your mind, wherever or whatever that may turn out to be. Yet what you are responding to, in both types of activity, is simply an excitation of neurons in different parts of the brain. One activity draws on immediate sensory input, the other does not.

(Pg. 98) Professor Bickerton: The conscious-unconscious dichotomy does not fit the facts quite so neatly. Take our supposedly necessary consciousness of the meeting rehearsal. When the ball bounced into the roadway, your consciousness of that previous activity temporarily disappeared. Did it disappear because the activity cease, or was it merely that your attention was switched away from it? There's some good anecdotal evidence suggesting that such "higher","conscious" processes may go on quite without our awareness - stories of scientists and mathematicians who had abandoned problems as insoluble only to come up with the answer while engaged in some totally irrelevant activity (Hadamard 1945).

In the Lucid Dream: My brother and girl-friend watch about 15 minutes of the school program and want to leave. The girl-friend knows the area and gives directions to the beach. A Maori Proverb says, "Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you." And, it is said, on a full moon night, with my brother and girl-friend, "If you put the two together, on a full moon night; you want to keep one eye on the shadows, which fall behind you."

I park the car in a wooded area. They get out and run across a stretch of sand, to the rocky cliff's edge. They look out over the ocean; like they expect to find something. As, I near them; the girl-friend turns and say's, "It's all your fault!" They turn and hurry down the cliff, to the beach area.

I walk over to the rocky edge and see a ship, dropping its anchor. It's a clear night. I can see the ship has been painted to disguise its shape and size. A section of mining hand-cart track has been laid on the shallow water sand bar. It is laid from a beach cove area; over to the anchored ship. I see two men are pushing a mining cart to the ship. My brother and girl-friend are floating in the shallow water following them. And, I notice a woman following them.

I start to get up and a hand suddenly pushes my face into the sand. I turn and spit the sand out of my mouth. I see it's the Hotel Manager; from the last town, we stayed at. I feel his knee press into my back; as he leans over and tells me, "I wonder what school proper, is going to say about you now!"

Language and Human Behavior -
(Pg. 99) Professor Bickerton say's, "What about the other, supposedly lower kind of thinking, the on-line kind?"

That, as we have seen, may be largely or completely unconscious, only to leap into the glare of consciousness when some feature of the environment or some event comes into our purview and demands our immediate and conscious attention.

We are left, not with higher or lower, conscious or unconscious forms of thinking, but with processes that differ from one another only in that one kind necessarily influences and is influenced by external factors while the other does not necessarily either cause or undergo external influence.

Coordinate Remote Viewing -
I am learning Remote Viewing Protocol. In protocol's learning-phase, of its sequence of events; I am using on-line thinking. This use of on-line thinking, in 'Coordinate Remote Viewing', may limit the range of work; 'that is undertaken' in a target-project. Until, I am able to perform the protocol of Remote Viewing, in 'off-line thinking'; the task may not provide an adequate degree of target-infromation.

In the Lucid Dream: Aboard the ship, she sat at a conference table, sewing. Her name is, "Annavett". Annavett enjoyed making her own furniture. I can remember when, we would go shopping for material; how, she would hold the cloth and tell me, "You don't push it; you pull it!" As she would then, take a piece of leather and stretch it. Two men walk into the conference room and one sits in a chair next to her. He is calm; but, his eyes look drained of life's energy. His skin has a waxy-white color and sweat is starting to bead, across his forehead.

You can hear a scuffle outside the conference room. It is two brothers, at the bottom of the steps. Two men approach and the brothers move away from the steps. As, the two men climb the steps to the conference room; the older brother tells the other, "Government stuff!"

The guys' called it, "The Blue Flame stuff.: Annavett would tell me, "When you explore other civilization; this, has been some of the greatest moments in humandkind history!"

Thanks, jimmy

Glenn B. Wheaton
2006-Apr-01 Sat, 22:44
Aloha Jimmy,

As always you lead our thoughts in the least traveled direction. In reading your posts I was reminded of a book I read in college "Finnegan's Wake". You know what I bet you understand every word. After adjusting myself and reading your post a 2nd then 3rd time I began to wonder if there is not a Maestro quality to part of our thought processes. A simple overwatch conductor of sorts that just jumps in when resources seem mismanaged or some inherent imbalance is imminent. I then wondered about those people with multiple personalities and how they related to your communications models. In Remote Viewing I am always aware of the maestro but I think it is still just me watching from afar. I know several processes are going on and there seems to be a stacking of data for me to cogitate but who is doing the stacking? Who is minding the store and directing the action?

Lucid dreams are wonderful but they make me weary. Your post was a great read and nice food for thought.

Glenn