PDA

View Full Version : Glenn

Robert
2007-May-31 Thu, 12:17
Glenn:

WHat do you know about OSI "Office of Special Investigations?" In looking for information about psychic research carried out by the US Armed Forces during the Second World War, I came up with this material. I am in no position to evaluate this material as true or not. While I have no doubth there were individuals back then that may have been open to useing natural psychic's I am surprised this was never mentioned in the many books written about present day remote viewing.

Also do you have any information about THE CLUSTER EFFECT? See below:

The cluster effect
Column: Forensic Palmistry
Posted on Friday, 23 February, 2007 | 3:30 | Comments: 0
T. Stokes: In sorting through some Parapsychology papers in a New Year spring clean,I thought these may be of interest. The American Institute for Futures forecasting, did a study under David Loye a psychologist at the University of California, where predictions were studied and patterns searched for.He was hoping to duplicate the tests of primary school teacher Richard Auerbach who in 1953 got his school kids to make future predictions, which were then sealed and became uncannily accurate when examined in 1978.Children predicted 3 hour flights across the Atlantic, push button telephones, cameras that developed their own photographs and inflation that would quadruple the price of new cars, democratic governments promoting terrorism, and most surprising was the fact of “group predicting” where the collective zeitgeist powered the group with enhanced predictive abilities. The Cluster effect is known in many categories of science, and was used in predictive studies in 1936 by Douglas Mc’Gregor and Hadley Cantril from universities in the U.S which prophesied pretty well the way W.W.II would run.Not a big hit here because Hitler published this in his Mein Kampf in 1933.

Winston Churchill was so impressed with futures forecasting he developed his Black Team of paranormal experts to use occult methods including astrology in W.W.II. This technique often used in medical prognosis.Cantrils Princetown University group using this plan, obtained an accuracy rating of 64%, McGregor’s Manchester Institute group claimed an astonishing 100%. The American political scientist and futurologist Victor Ferkiss, has studied Projecting trends, a predictive tool as used by economists, food producers, marketers, gamblers and realtors, very popular in Japan. Nostradamus modules; Regular discipline and planning where over time sensitives can give increasingly accurate predictions.Model making, where car manufacturers build future models with artists and writers, some end up way of beam, but some do get to the production stages, popular with the road building and architectural organisations, and good for obtaining visual focus.Collective prophecies, lottery syndicates, cabinet re-shuffles, think-tanks, military planning, population explosions and business projections.Delphi spirit technique, this is perhaps the best known.The U.S A. F in 1950 commissioned the Rand org to predict how many atomic bombs would be needed for Russia to wipe out the U.S.A. After Roosevelt and Churchill had mistakenly acted as appeasers to Communism, before and during W. W. II.Years later when the documents were unclassified, it caused a sensation among experts,and was attacked by skeptics and other nonsense mongers, as all faked.

The method was named after the oracle at Delphi, and shown to use group intuition to amplify selected individual projections, as seen in spiritualist training classes.This same method has become the favourite among such organizations as I.C.I, The Stock exchange, Proctor and Gamble, British Rail, and many other large companies. University studies around the world show different variations on the system show good long term results, but not, how it works !Psychotronics, David Loye is the exception, his studies claim that the brain in its two divisions, left and right, or intuitive and logical, can be trained and enhanced in the traditional manner of psychics, and this is the military method called Psycotronics, used world wide in military academies, that upsets religionists, sceptics and the ignorant.In my own classes at Railway hall, in under a year, predictive skills have almost doubled among volunteers.

Further reading:

The Cleaver Report
Gen Stubblebine experiments.
Black Team
Alexander Cannon and Black Team
Victor Zammit

Article Copyright© T. Stokes

I would have thought at least a trickle of tis would have showed up in recent remote viewing books.

Regards
Robert

Glenn B. Wheaton
2007-Jun-01 Fri, 02:43
There is some interesting content in your post. I first learned about clustering when I was taking cryptology back in the 70's. Clustering became evident when we examined random number streams used to generate one-time-pads to encrypt message traffic. Clustering seems to be part of the natural order or perhaps it's a flaw of sorts. Clustering is not a phenomenon associated only with numerics but in most things. Possibly related to those variables that govern attraction but more than likely it is more related to randomness and space. Here at Hrvg we have polished clustering up a bit and defined several aspects of it. First and foremost is the concept of localized loops of consciousness and how the group functions within the loops. There is a natural Division of Effort (DOE) when several viewers work the same target within a short period of time. While we see the Prima Dona viewers hammer at the heart of the target, others in the group will flush out the periphery of the target. This in and of itself is clustering on a higher level; it is actually clustering that is intellectually symbiotic.

Perhaps I can write a longer post on clustering soon, it is fascinating whether you see it on a keno card or in the group dynamic. Don't limit your understanding to just what I've mentioned, it is a deep well indeed. If you can imagine that there is no telepathic overlay (which I can easily imagine) but instead a possibility of localized clustering you will begin to understand that the viewer interacts with consciousness on varying levels where randomness, intent, and entrainment entangles to cognition.

In regards to the OSI there really are a lot of agencies historically that have had Offices of Special Investigation. In an FOIA request be sure to identify the parent agency if you hope to get any reply. Also the OSI historically have been an investigative tool for other client agencies. This means their investigation may have been tasked to them and they may not know whom the end user for their data is, or was.

Interesting in your post you mention things not known or written about in books published within our community. Well welcome to the world of secrets lol. Let's take a for instance. If Art Bell were to interview Bobby Ray Inman about activities related to PSI during his tenure in the Intelligence Community and he would tell all; you would have to listen to that program in the bathroom cause you would crap your pants if you didn't.

Paul Smith has kind of risen as the historian for the collective efforts related to Stargate, but he selected what would go in his book and while his book is excellent it is not a complete history for the Army or the other services for that fact. It is a history of the genesis and evolution of Stargate. Compartmentalization keeps the secrets separate and one secret holder is not privy to secrets held by others, but they all have cover stories and plausible deniability so truths are a bit hard to pin down when the worm wiggles on the FOIA hook.

One thing that I will tell you is that we know much more now than then so secrets from that time may be interesting to know but not very useful if your looking to play the game at the higher levels. Most Remote Viewers you hear on the radio will seldom if at all mention any other viewer period unless it's to toss a jab. Every one has their castle and in their castle they Keep.

Glenn

Robert
2007-Jun-01 Fri, 03:12
Glenn:

Thanks for the response. Hope you can come up with something regarding the Cluster Effect soon. In the mean time I'll see what I can find on the internet.

By the way, this would be an interesting artical for the News Letter, if and when it ever gets some life breathed back into it.

Robert

Robert
2007-Jun-01 Fri, 03:41
I did happen to find this little piece on the Skeptic.com page of all places. This material is obviously from THEIR point of view but revealing, nevertheless.

Robert

Clustering illusion
The clustering illusion is the intuition that random events which occur in clusters are not really random events. The illusion is due to selective thinking based on a false assumption. For example, it strikes most people as unexpected if heads comes up four times in a row during a series of coin flips. However, in a series of 20 flips, there is a 50% chance of getting four heads in a row (Gilovich). It may seem unexpected, but the chances are better than even that a given neighborhood in California will have a statistically significant cluster of cancer cases (Gawande).

What would be rare, unexpected, and unlikely due to chance would be to flip a coin twenty times and have each result be the alternate of the previous flip. In any series of such random flips, it is more unlikely than likely that short runs of 2, 4, 6, 8, etc., will yield what we know logically is predicted by chance. In the long run, a coin flip will yield 50% heads and 50% tails (assuming a fair flip and a fair coin). But in any short run, a wide variety of probabilities are expected, including some runs which seem highly improbable.

Finding a statistically unusual number of cancers in a given neighborhood--such as six or seven times greater than the average--is not rare or unexpected. Much depends on where you draw the boundaries of the neighborhood. Clusters of cancers that are seven thousand times higher than expected, such as the incidence of mesothelioma in Karian, Turkey, are very rare and unexpected. The incidence of thyroid cancer in children near Chernobyl was one hundred times higher after the disaster (Gawande).

Sometimes a subject in an ESP experiment or a dowser might be correct at a higher than chance rate. However, such results do not indicate that an event is not a chance event. In fact, such results are predictable by the laws of chance. Rather than being signs of non-randomness, they are actually signs of randomness. ESP researchers are especially prone to take streaks of "hits" by their subjects as evidence that psychic power varies from time to time. Their use of optional starting and stopping is based on the presumption of psychic variation and an apparent ignorance of the probabilities of random events. Combining the clustering illusion with confirmation bias is a formula for self-deception and delusion.

A classic study was done on the clustering illusion regarding the belief in the "hot hand" in basketball (Gilovich, Vallone, and Tversky). It is commonly believed by basketball players, coaches and fans that players have "hot streaks" and "cold streaks." A detailed analysis was done of the Philadelphia 76ers shooters during the 1980-81 season. It failed to show that players hit or miss shots in clusters at anything other than what would be expected by chance. They also analyzed free throws by the Boston Celtics over two seasons and found that when a player made his first shot, he made the second shot 75% of the time and when he missed the first shot he made the second shot 75% of the time. Basketball players do shoot in streaks, but within the bounds of chance. It is an illusion that players are 'hot' or 'cold'. When presented with this evidence, believers in the "hot hand" are likely to reject it because they "know better" from experience.

In epidemiology, the clustering illusion is known as the Texas-sharpshooter fallacy. Khaneman and Tversky called it "belief in the Law of Small Numbers" because they identified the clustering illusion with the fallacy of assuming that the pattern of a large population will be replicated in all of its subsets. In logic, this fallacy is known as the fallacy of division, assuming that the parts must be exactly like the whole.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

further reading

Number Watch - All about the scares, scams, junk, panics, and flummery cooked up by the media, politicians, bureaucrats, so-called scientists and others who try to confuse you with wrong numbers.
Gawande, Atul. "The Cancer-Cluster Myth," The New Yorker, February 8, 1999, pp. 34-37.

Gilovich, T., R. Vallone, and A. Tversky (1985). "The hot hand in basketball: On the misperception of random sequences," Cognitive Psychology, 17, 295-314.

Gilovich, Thomas. How We Know What Isn't So: The Fallibility of Human Reason in Everyday Life (New York: The Free Press, 1993).

Tversky, A. and D. Khaneman (1971). "Belief in the law of small numbers," Psychological Bulletin, 76, 105-110.