PDA

View Full Version : Chamber Update...

Glenn B. Wheaton
2006-Mar-23 Thu, 00:07
Aloha All,

Planning work is continuing on the chamber. We have identified the core cage DEI enclosure (Mil Spec) that will be housed within the chamber structure. Several environmental concerns dealing with ventilation, lighting, flooring, and filtered power are being worked out. Currently fiber optic lighting seems optimal and available, flooring will initially be thick rubber mat, and shielded/filtered power will be available inside for ancillary equipment. We already have a spectrum analyzer and a chart recorder as well as two laptops and a desktop to facilitate chamber operations. We will need to put together 2 more desktops for the camera systems and I have a T1 line already at the location for the link to the Internet.

Once we get the core cage installed we will begin testing and using it for RV. When the cage comes in we can have a build party for it and a special note to those of you that might want to host the chamber "Pay attention" during the assembly. The charging panels I will build myself and their use will be strictly controlled (which means if I am not there... the panels will not be used). The cage itself will be a freestanding faraday enclosure and the intent of the panels is to allow sections of the cage to be charged with AC or DC power in very small voltages. There are reasons for this but in normal chamber ops they will not be used.

Once all the cage operations have been validated and everything functions as desired we will go forward with the external housing. The external housing will provide for soundproofing, aesthetics, and the double entry door.

I will see if Sita will help me put together the basic SOP for chamber use and we will publish it to the Guild.

More news as we get it.

Glenn

RJB
2006-Mar-23 Thu, 09:52
What will be the approximate dimensions of the chamber?

Aloha,

Rich

Glenn B. Wheaton
2006-Mar-23 Thu, 10:32
Aloha Rich,

Currently we are planning on 2.5 meter x 2.5m x 2.5m. We think that will provide all the space actually needed.

Glenn

Dick Allgire
2006-Mar-23 Thu, 16:45
What will be the approximate dimensions of the chamber?

Aloha,

Rich

Hopefully we'll be operating in about 10 dimensions with no limitations as to space or time. :)

Aloha,

Dick

PS, my home computer is down for a bit. So my email is going unanswered.. that's why. Back up soon.

Glenn B. Wheaton
2006-Mar-24 Fri, 00:42
Aloha Dick,

Hey how was Maui? Hope it was nicer than Oahu this last month, way too much rain here. It will be interesting indeed to have a place for the Guild to continue to work on S-5 in a very quite environment. The battle over noise just made a turn in our favor.

Glenn

Gal
2006-May-13 Sat, 01:46
And what is the purpose of this chamber?Sorry,I am new to the forum.

Dick Allgire
2006-May-13 Sat, 16:16
And what is the purpose of this chamber?Sorry,I am new to the forum.

When you remote view you displace a portion of awareness to another location. That means the goal is to not be aware of where you are physically.

Noise is the biggest enemy of RV. You don't want to remote view with the television on, or sitting next to a person wearing strong perfume. It is not good if a dog is barking outside. You are trying to place your awareness somewhere else, and anything that anchors your focus to your physical presence does not help.

Another problem is electromagnetic noise. Radio frequencies. If you look in our LIBRARY section you can see how remote viewing is enhanced at 13:30 Sidereal time, when electromagnetic noise is lowest.

The Chamber will be a special place to remote view. It will be a controlled environment. The lighting will be just right. It will be soundproof. It will be shielded with copper mesh to keep electromagnetic noise low.

As Glenn has stated, baseball players play better when they wear uniforms. They also play better in big league ball parks where the field is level, the grass is smooth, the lighting is good. The chamber will be our big league ballpark, designed just for us.

The chamber will also be wired to allow viewers to be recorded as they do their sessions, and will allow monitors to communicate with them with an electronically altered voice so that the viewer doesn't know who is conducting the monitoring, and doesn't have to wrestle with any inflections in the monitor's voice.

In short, this will be a very quiet, shielded place, designed specifically for remote viewing. Going "into the chamber" will make the viewer feel special and allow them to excell.

Aloha,

Dick