PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night's Class..

Glenn B. Wheaton
2006-Apr-05 Wed, 01:24
Aloha All,

Monday night's class was designed to promote exploration of the thought process while dealing with acquisition of non-local data. From those first few moments in VISIDS when we begin to entangle ourselves with the target there is a process of association that begins. Whether or not we control the association process or not, it will begin, it is how the human thinks. I prefer to link this involuntary association process with adjustment of target aperture. Let me give an example of sorts. In those first moments in which we solidify some concept about the target and actually recognize the structure of that concept and can record either using graphic images or language the bulk of what we think we have captured it is at this time when that data is the most pristine. It is also the time when the data is most likely to be distorted or changed as our minds assail it with the logic of association recognition as we attempt to reinforce what we think it is. To the mastermind there is a need too not only recognizing but to actually place this data in an environment. It is how we are most comfortable in dealing with real data.

Time can be a friend or foe as we deal with non-local data. Sometimes it is better to let time crunch the data as we move through the methodology. As we capture shape and shade we naturally try to recognize what it is we see and give it a recognizable form. Let time fill in what the mind will make up if allowed. Remember you only have that 1.5 seconds to capture the imagery and then you must move on. It is ok if the imagery seems disjointed or incomplete, it is just fine as it is as these are just the initial samples from an environment you will visit many times as you work through the collection process. The type of thought process one must engage is low level in nature. If for example I told you that I either, see, saw, or have a sense that there is an object that seems to be a cup. In my mind I rationalize that a cup can exist but not without associations. Cups are not just discarnate objects hanging in mid air unsupported by something or someone. It must have an environment. It is to this environment I am naturally pulled to next. Even if the cup itself was the sole item of interest I still must recognize and reconcile the logic of its' environment.

There are right and wrong ideas about how the mind must go after associative environmental information. While who is holding the cup would be a wrong query, what is the cup on or where is the cup are much closer to detangling more information about the cups environment. It is a fact that most cups are not being held at any given time in relation to the normal state of cups. So we clean up how we approach thinking about our collection of data on the cup. Sometimes we get more information when we focus on associations to the cup. The secret here is that part of your mind will continue to hold the cup in its place while we direct the bull of our consciousness away from the fine china. That part of your mind will clean up the cup data within limitations. Linking our attentions to associations is a safeguard to the integrity of the original data collected. The cup will not be transformed into a gondola as I throw a college education at the existence of an insignificant cup. You actually must exercise mental discipline to handle collected data carefully and spare it from the initial damage it could suffer from over thinking the process.

Target environments are most illuminated when they are explored carefully using a systematic assemblage of associations. Once our cup has the backdrop of its' environment our ability to perceive its conditions is enhanced. We have someplace to fall back to without losing target contact completely if we lose our grasp of the cup.

Aloha Glenn