PDA

View Full Version : Performance Analysis

Ed7
2007-Dec-26 Wed, 18:24
Scenario: You work a session & prior to feedback you feel as though somehow you blew the session...it just felt like you were off target...it just didn't feel right somehow. Feedback time arrives and lo & behold !...the work was in fact quite good. We can then 'turn the tables' & have the complete opposite occur. Is this just a learning curve here ?...Do we at some point reach a stage in our development where at the end of our work prior to receiveing feedback, we can somewhat accurately discern the quality of the work ?...I hope the answer is just time & practice...with maybe a few games of 'Battleship' in between sessions...Remember that one "Hit" or "Miss" (for the over 40 crowd...lol.)
It's interesting when you begin to think about what it is that 'makes' you think you 'nailed' or 'blew' a session. Also interesting to notice in analysis how the subconscious mind 'leaves no stone unturned' in it's attempt to provide you with what you're after. It really is quite inventive, often being quite simple & to the point.

Cheers...it's still a Merry Christmas.

Ed

Dick Allgire
2007-Dec-26 Wed, 19:19
Hi Ed,

This is a very good question, and it is key to learning to remote view.

Ed asks: "You work a session & prior to feedback you feel as though somehow you blew the session...it just felt like you were off target...it just didn't feel right somehow. Feedback time arrives and lo & behold !...the work was in fact quite good. We can then 'turn the tables' & have the complete opposite occur. Is this just a learning curve here ?"

Dick replies:
Yes, there is a learning curve. It is the reason for working many, many targets and reconciling the feedback to your work. I recall in my early training I would often have a strong sense of what I felt the target was (wrong) yet good data that seemed “off” or out of place seemed to sneak into the session.

As you work more targets and grow as a viewer you learn to accept the good data without trying to wrap it up into a story. The best sessions leave you somewhat perplexed. “I don’t know what THAT was, but there were some people doing something with rocks and they wore funny clothes, and the donkeys got in the way.”

Ed asks:
“Do we at some point reach a stage in our development where at the end of our work prior to receiveing feedback, we can somewhat accurately discern the quality of the work?”

Dick replies:
Glenn finally taught me this after many years- and it wasn’t for his lack of trying- that you must give up your ego and don’t try to discern the quality of your work. Just follow the methodology and be true to the structure and don’t edit, and don’t judge. You can’t give a crap about whether it is good or bad data. Trying to figure it out is a recipe for failure. Just follow the method and put down what you get. Now I have to tell you that I am one of the luckiest remote viewing students on earth. I have had 10 years to work targets for Glenn Wheaton, and I have had ten years of intense instruction from him. When I produced the worst, most absolutely idiotic “off” session he never seemed to care. He’d say “no worries” and it was forgotten without criticism. When I did a stellar “show this at the IRVA conference” session he might say, “Not too shabby.”
You’re going to do bad sessions, and you’re going to do good sessions. Don’t obsess over either. Just learn from them. And you can learn as much from a terrible session as you can from a great one.

Yet, when you get better you will eventually gain the ability to produce complex and detailed target data. One target we worked for a client allowed me to come to the realization that a guy was sitting at a desk with two sets of ledgers or “books” and that he was preparing one for the official story, and the other was secret. This was something that interested me, but I didn’t judge whether or not it was correct, or attempt to identify it. Glenn has always been fairly careful to rarely give us current event targets, or well known targets that most people would identify. So when you get complexity you most often don’t “figure it out.” You just gather data.

That is the bottom line. You just gather data. Don’t judge it, don’t worry about, don’t figure it out. Just put it down on the paper and move on. Remote viewing is a natural communication skill. Accept that. It is not magic and mastering it doesn’t make you Nostradamus. When you are in preschool the ability to read the English language might seem like magic. But when you learn it you realize it is just forming letters into words and comprehending them. That’s all remote viewing is and when you accept that and just do it without getting too caught up in it, it will become easier.

Aloha,

Dick

Ed7
2007-Dec-26 Wed, 20:05
Hi Dick,
Thanks...that was a great reply. Guess the only expectation to have is to be in & attend to structure...whatever methodology you're applying & just do what the 'good book says'. One can certainly take steps towards 'internalizing' that, perhaps requiring a little 're-wiring' 5 minutes a day combined with a little time.
After quite an RV layoff, it's interesting to pick it up again. There's the ususal reaquainting, working out the rust etc, but also there seems to be a sense of you've never really forgotton anything. Setting up the 'scaffolding' again takes a little polishing up on, but it seems like the sub has never left & of course it really never has. Kind of like getting on a bike again...the controls might seem a little awkward at first, but riding the thing...seems like you've never left.
Thanks again Dick...appreciate your commments...enjoy the rest of the season.

Cheers,

Ed

Fortune
2007-Dec-29 Sat, 18:53
When i was training in CRV my instructor (david Morehouse) once told the class, andd it stuck with me, " When rving you go out and bring back data, its like i send you out to gather mushrooms, it's not your job to name them or decide if they are good or bad mushrooms. Just go get the mushrooms and bring them back! "
That has come to mind at times when i am starting to judge whether i'm on signal or not and reminds me just to get the data. I think i've deleloped the trait of being able to hold wo opposite and conflicting beliefs at the same time, like i'm on target and I'm off- both- while in session.

that trait also allows me to explore ideas and possiblities with an open mind.I like to think i rent belifs rather than own them, less upkeep, and i can more easily move into a more spacious or useful place.

Ed7
2007-Dec-29 Sat, 20:07
Hi Fortune,
Thanks for your thoughts on this. I was more wondering about if one could determine POST session & PRIOR to feedback how the accuracy of the data resulted. But like Dick mentioned, you really have to just ultimately drop the ego & like you said, just go out & pick the mushrooms...Don't think, don't try, just do. After some thinking on this, that seems to be the best way to go. If you try too hard or dwell to much, it's easy to get caught up in the 'choke syndrome'. This kind of communication doesn't flourish well in that enviornment. Going into this with the right mindset & playing by the rules with regularity should ultimately get you to where you want to go. I'll work on this one & hope I level off here soon. I've been getting some very good results with my RV'ing lately & conversely some not even close results...hopefully time will level things out eventually. It would be nice to reach a level of relative consistancy...& that probably is just regular practice.
Keep sending the warm winds our way...

Ed

Fortune
2008-Jan-12 Sat, 08:12
Ed said, " Also interesting to notice in analysis how the subconscious mind 'leaves no stone unturned' in it's attempt to provide you with what you're after. It really is quite inventive, often being quite simple & to the point. "

I know at times a piece of data will keep representing, in several ways and i sense that something revevant to target tasking is trying to present to awareness but there's probably some noise or mental filter that has skewed it or not allowing it to clearly or completely be precieved. Its usually at the sensory stage it represents itself not in Aol form or function, though occasionally with that "ratcheting" type repeat that an aol drive can do.
I usually will take a break to allow to dissapate or even end session and rersume in a new session, at least do another coords and ideogram.

i'm not that familiar with hrvg struction but it might have steps that work better with such occurances.

Fortune
2008-Jan-12 Sat, 08:13
word struction to be structure, Tho struction might be a nice blend of instruction and structure.