PDA

View Full Version : Slipping Back Into The Past

Dick Allgire
2008-Sep-06 Sat, 19:44
Does training as a remote viewer enhance or intensify your ability to recall memories? I think it does.

A few years ago someone in my family had a bunch of old home movies (8 mm) transferred to VHS. The VHS dubs were mailed to me, and I put them away, but did not watch them. They were gathering dust on a shelf. Just recently my sister asked about those old movies, could we transfer them to DVD, and could she get a copy?

So I took out the VHS tapes started making DVD transfers. And I watched them. Now of course watching old home movies is nostalgic and evokes memories.

But I had a moment that for me was far more real than reflective. On the TV screen I saw myself as a 5 year old boy in a cowboy hat with holsters and two “Six Shooter” cap guns, one in each hand. You might have to be a child of the 50’s to remember cap guns. The guns were very realistic (probably get you arrested by Homeland Security today) and they had round paper rolls of “caps.” The caps were small dots of gunpowder embedded in thick red paper rolls. You would load a roll in your revolver and the hammer would strike the charge in the red roll of paper and make a nice BANG!

I had forgotten all about this. Tonight when I watched the old home movie- JUST FOR AN INSTANT! I smelled the smell of my cap gun. And I remembered tasting the metallic barrel of my cap gun. I don’t remember why, but I used to stick my tongue on the end of the barrel of my cap gun. It was a pleasant metallic gunpowder taste. Those old cap guns were made of cast iron or some zinc alloy.

The recall of watching the old home movie triggered a memory of the smell/taste of the cap gun… and the smell taste triggered the communication pathway with my subconscious, and for several moments I was there in 1958. I could remember a thousand things about the house I haven’t seen in 44 years. It created a remote viewing bilocation that put me back there. Usually when we remote view sensory data (in an alert Beta state) only lasts for a second or two. But I could hold the taste and smell of my old cap pistol for much longer, and with that as the anchor into the that time, I could relive everything about that time.

I think it was more than just the old video. I’m sure the many, many hours spent working on remote viewing enhanced that experience. I was back in 1958. One of the reasons remote viewing is so amazing- it allows you to slip back into the past.

Glenn B. Wheaton
2008-Sep-08 Mon, 00:13
You are only a few months older than me; so I remember well the 50's and 60's and those cap pistols. Any kid that had one or a brace of them was always the good guy and the rest of us were the Indians lol. Memories are indeed an enigma to unravel. Is the memory of that time 100% a function of a reawakened memory? Or is it a combination of mind and memory? I believe it is the latter. After so many years of displacing mind to the ether of here and there, future and past, target after target, the mind learns to lean with its' own curiosity. It leans because it can, because you have learned to think to a place and not just of a place. It becomes more than a memory.

Glenn