PDA

View Full Version : Notice From HRVG

Glenn B. Wheaton
2008-Sep-27 Sat, 20:52
Aloha All,

I received notice from our BBS provider that our BBS version 3.5.3 is officially at its' "End of Life". Although we own the license, there is no longer any support for the forum by Vbulletin. Over the next day or so I will attempt to install the new version 3.7 onto the server. Keep in mind that this is not my specific area of expertise so anything can happen. Currently new subscribers cannot complete the subscription process because the security text check designed to keep merchants and bots off the forum no longer functions. With a little luck I will be able to upgrade the bbs without too much trouble....but I doubt it.

Good luck and keep your fingers crossed.

Glenn

Glenn B. Wheaton
2008-Sep-28 Sun, 03:49
Aloha All,

It took a few hours to process the bbs upgrade and it is complete, but it did not solve the new subscriber problem. I am back in the email loop with the support folks for the next level of possible resolutions. The server is running all the required clients for the bbs Security text feature (PHP with GD and FreeType 2) but I am pretty sure the Vbulletin folks will point to the server, and the server will point at the Vbulletin folks. It seems to be how these things go. More when it happens.

Glenn