PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know when DICK is due back?

Robert
2009-Feb-10 Tue, 05:27
No message

Robert

Dick Allgire
2009-Feb-11 Wed, 21:03
Actually I am physically in Honolulu and even appeared on the evening news tonight. But I'm not fully back.

It normally (normal??) takes me about a week to get over jetlag and re-enter to where I am 100% functional. (Glenn usually writes me off as a functional guild member for at least three weeks.) I go to SouthEast Asia and it's sort of like Martin Sheen in Apocalypse Now, lol.

Dick

Robert
2009-Feb-12 Thu, 05:52
Jet lag. I know the feeling.
I sent you a couple emails awhile back before I went to HRVG and saw you were out of the country.

Thailand is a beautiful place. I was there for about three week back in 1981.
Spent a week in Chaing Rai. Visited a beautiful Buddhist monastery while there. You had to walk up one steps to the top. It was well worth the effort. There had been a light rain but by the time I reached the top the sun broke through. Looking out over a wall into the valley below there was the most beautiful rainbow I have ever seen. It was brilliant and appeared to be at eye
level. I swear you could almost reach out at touch it; it seemed that close!

I'm sure you had a wonderful time there.

Dick, what is it about the country that intrigues you. I've noticed over the years you have made many visits there.

Robert

Robert
2009-Feb-12 Thu, 11:22
"one step to the top?":eek:
I intended to say I had to walk up "one hundred steps "to the top.:D
Robert

J.P.
2009-Feb-12 Thu, 21:20
Yes.... we need a report from Dick, a very illuminating one. I'm sure Dick had a nice time in Bangkok with that new ice-skating ring they now have, I've heard the locals just adore ice-skating. I'm sure visiting all the wats was the highlight of his Thailand adventures.

J.P.

Dick Allgire
2009-Feb-12 Thu, 22:17
Temple made of hand carved wood.

Dick Allgire
2009-Feb-12 Thu, 22:18
Where else can you see an elephant with a "tail" light walking down the street in a city of 13 million?

Dick Allgire
2009-Feb-12 Thu, 22:21
10 Baht for fruit fresh on the street any time.

Dick Allgire
2009-Feb-12 Thu, 22:22
Any place where you can get a one hour foot massage for less than 10 dollars (200 Baht) is worth visiting.

Dick Allgire
2009-Feb-12 Thu, 22:29
Singing Made In Thailand with the local band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy4LWPAA2-c

Robert
2009-Feb-13 Fri, 06:44
The elephant with a "tail" light " would make an interesting RV target sometime in the furture!:D
Robert

PS
I dropped you a personal email about a week ago.