PDA

View Full Version : Is Facebook as safe as we think? by PMH Atwater

J.P.
2009-Jul-13 Mon, 12:41
It does make you wonder what the heck is going on with Facebook. PMH Atwater is a remote-viewer/psychic:

-----------------------------------------

Some of you know that I entered the world of Facebook with my own page earlier this week. Checking back, you will see that I cancelled my page. To anyone trying to send me a message, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have had in trying to figure out what was going on and why. Here is my explanation.

The officials at Facebook refused to allow me to use my own name. They called me "Pmh" and there seemed no way around that. Try as I could I never quite figured out "Friends." It seemed to me than anyone who wanted to access my page should be able to without any permission on my part. Nor could I figure out how to post my own comments or send comments to others. Certainly, all of this is rather petty in light of the "learning curve" required to learn anything new, especially with our new technogies. Still, you can not accuse of being a slacker. After all, I have several films on YouTube, have a large and active website, operate a blog, and have benefitted immensely from plogs. Although I have recorded material for others to be used on I-Pods, I have yet to tackle my own "show," yet I have put out any number of CDs and DVDs. I'm not a nerd, but I'm not backwards either.

What I didn't catch during my brief stint on Facebook, was that my energy levels were tanking. I suddenly became negative, confused, and depressed, and could hardly get through the day. Sleep made no difference. Life became dark and dreary. None of this is like me. I resolved to warn my husband about my strange behavior when a thought cut through my brain like a knife....CANCEL FACEBOOK. I did just that, immediately after receiving the thought. I now call that "thought" guidance, for as I was instructing my webmaster on what I wanted done, I could see and quite plainly the "dark clouds" in my office evaporating. Then I became aware of dark energy attached to me, crawling through me, filling my heart and my brain, release and let go. It left, and the air around me filled with sparkles. My energy and spirit returned, skyrocketing free as if I had been held back and held down by a darkness beyond my control. The relief was instantaneous. There is no way, no way on earth, I will ever have a page on Facebook again or participate in anything on Facebook with or for anyone else.

My good friend Brad Steiger, hearing of what happened to me, send me a link to an article written in England about Facebook. Had I know about this article, I would have never joined up with Facebook to begin with. Here is the link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/jan/14/facebook

I want to be clear here. When Facebook started out, it truly was a good idea with a grand purpose. Many people have enjoyed this form of social networking and have benefitted enormously. I acknowledge and applaud that. But, as I found out when people got on my page, made fun of me, and proceeded to promote and flaunt themselves and talk back and forth as if I didn't exist (which is probably why they ask that you check out your "Friends" before you allow them entry), there is far more than that going on now with Facebook. People use it to steal people's identities; theives use to see who will be gone on a trip; unsavory types use it to target children; so-called "spiritual types" do more selling than real networking. What began as an incredible idea, has become an open door to some of the darkest and most negative energy on this planet.

All of that energy, good and not so good, positive/negative, spews out into your home or office and splashes across your face and body every time you open up Facebook - no matter what section you are in or who you are reaching. Some people spend hours traveling throughout the many pages of Facebook, exposing themselves to energies and forces without any thought of consequences. Yes, any of the new technologies could affect a person detrimentally, but Facebook is different. We trust it. We want to be more social. We want to reach out to the whole wide world. We want to be heard and seen and acknowledged. Look what happened to the people of Iran who objected to a phoney election. Their complaints were heard - thanks to Facebook and Twitter. Thank God for this miracle!

There is good on Facebook, much good. But there are dangers, too, just by opening the Facebook portal.

If your energy and sleep renewal have changed (in the sense of being drained), by using Facebook or having a page on Facebook, pay attention. Be alert to any changes in your personality, your attitudes, behavior, and feelings. If you feel nothing different and those who know you agree that you are fine, then being on Facebook is probably okay for you. But, if you are quite sensitive, as I am, or have electrical sensitivity (as most near-death experiencers and those who are like them do), then stay away from Facebook - far away - miles away. Don't make the mistake I did. Facebook really can be dangerous. Please reconsider getting on Facebook or using it in any manner.

Blessings to all, P M H Atwater

Dick Allgire
2009-Jul-13 Mon, 20:55
JP,

I barely have time to keep up with email from people with whom I want to communicate. Someone talked me into joining Facebook and I was swamped with messages from people I didn't know or don't care about wanting to be my "friend."

From what I've seen of Twitter it is the most useless use of computer technology yet. My goal is to never, ever post anything on Twitter. Mindless crap for the People Magazine culture.

I guess I'm turning into a curmudgeon.

On the other hand JP, I wonder if texting has improved your life quite a bit? In fact, now that I think of it, that would be a good news feature story. I met a hearing impaired lady having trouble communicating through an intercom the other evening. Something I had never considered, ring the buzzer, ask for help getting buzzed in. What if you can't hear?

Dick

Michele
2009-Jul-13 Mon, 22:13
I heard everyone rave about facebook, but I'm not that impressed. I like myspace much better. I have a facebook only for a couple of people I want to keep in touch with. I do most of my notekeeping someplace different than myspace or facebook just as a matter of course. I cannot imagine why I would want to share some of my most private thoughts with half the world.

I will have to warn my daughter reference some of the targeting that has been mentioned here, but really we don't use it all that much. It might be different tho after she moves here to Texas and all her friends are still in Virginia.

ufojoe
2009-Jul-14 Tue, 08:49
I love Facebook for getting in touch with people who I have lost contact with over the years. Getting a message from my childhood friend who moved away 35 years ago was great. And connecting with former co-workers to see how they're doing and see if they know of any tv shows in need of a cameraman is great, too. Networking. If somebody wants to be my friend and I don't know them, I don't make them my friend. Simple.

As far as all that other stuff where people send out messages for every little thing they do in their lives? No thanks. I don't need to know every tv show you're watching and don't care if you just took a walk around the block. I disregard that stuff.

Both FB and Twitter have positive uses.

J.P.
2009-Jul-14 Tue, 09:16
JP,

I barely have time to keep up with email from people with whom I want to communicate. Someone talked me into joining Facebook and I was swamped with messages from people I didn't know or don't care about wanting to be my "friend."

From what I've seen of Twitter it is the most useless use of computer technology yet. My goal is to never, ever post anything on Twitter. Mindless crap for the People Magazine culture.

I guess I'm turning into a curmudgeon.

On the other hand JP, I wonder if texting has improved your life quite a bit? In fact, now that I think of it, that would be a good news feature story. I met a hearing impaired lady having trouble communicating through an intercom the other evening. Something I had never considered, ring the buzzer, ask for help getting buzzed in. What if you can't hear?

Dick

I think it's actually good you don't have a facebook account Dick, I don't have one either and came close to getting one, but just never bothered. So I do think all this "activity" on the Internet is a bit distracking, and people could use their time more productively. Even though I'm deaf in both ears, I still see how this can be a waste of time.

I remember reading an article that said people use all these services, like myspace, facebook, twitter... etc, because they seek to be connected to others, it's like we have this inner need these days to develop our true interconnectedness (I hope I spelled that right). And this article also went on to say that our interconnection is really a telepathic one, not a "facebook" one. Which leads me to believe we are being lead down the wrong street, instead of working or spending time on our outer abilities of communicating, we should be spending more time on our remote viewing/telepathy and inner abilities, that's where the true connections would empower us instead of allowing us to fritter away our time on the internet, which in turn disempowers us.

It does make you think when you consider this from the angle of where we should be spending our time.... to empower ourselves.

Anyway, to answer your question Dick about text paging, for the deaf it is a real boon. They advertise text pagers in deaf magazines as a "cell phone for the deaf". I'm a holdout though, I still don't have a text pager. I think if I was married and had kids I would have to have one, but being single makes it easier for me. I do use a TTD device to "talk" on the phone and have a closed caption device on my TV (which is probably my most important thing I use to keep in touch with the outside world). I also have a flashing light on my doorbell, so I can see when people come to the door and also have a flasher on my phone, so I know when it's ringing. I think that's all the equipment I have. I guess I'll have to start relying on my inner equipment, such as my fantastic clairvoyant and telepathic abilities...LOL! It would be so cool to just "know" or get a telepathic nudge when someone comes to my door.... shades of the movie The Matrix. I'm working on it, soon I'll have my telepathic abilities up and running and of course most remote viewers will too.

Angel
2009-Jul-27 Mon, 15:54
Given the very controversial nature of Atwater's work, and her relatively high public profile, I do not doubt that Facebook can be a conduit of negative energy towards her. (I read her book about near death experiences last year, and I loved it.)

For those of us who are less galvanizing, and careful with who we "friend" on Facebook, it is probably no more or less dangerous than any other online interaction.

Having said that ... I signed up for Facebook recently and I've pretty much decided I'm not interested in the "catching up with old acquaintances" aspect. I much prefer the "staying current with local friends and happenings" aspect. I think I check my account about 2x a month.