PDA

View Full Version : Too much Zen?

Michele
2009-Jul-23 Thu, 08:36
Anyone out there have less successful sessions when they are too 'connected'? For the second time, I thought I would have a smashing session because I was so naturally in a zen place. A state of relaxation that could be framed loose as a goose.....dreamy.

And yet, the session failed completely. Last time that happened, I did a meditation (full relaxation) right before the session and that one was a wash too.

I hear people talk about cooling down first, but I seem to have more success in just sitting down and going right to it. I like to be physically rested first, but no cooling down as it is referred to here.

Dick Allgire
2009-Jul-23 Thu, 20:34
Michele,
You're going to have off sessions once in a while, no matter what you do.

Dick

J.P.
2009-Jul-24 Fri, 19:48
I hope you don't mind me jumping in here, but what came to mind when I read this post Michele, is a term Dick coined as the "duh" state. When you find yourself in this daydreaming type state... it's fantastic for RVing.

The trick is to learn to get yourself into this state, or something like it, just before a session.

JP

Michele
2009-Jul-24 Fri, 20:41
I just thought someone else had posted about doing deep meditations as a cool down.

But, Dick is right. I could not have been in a more duh state, and completely missed the target.

Which is good, I don't want to be set or tied to any one state of mind or preparation. I want to be able to view in all different kinds of states of minds, moods, physical states etc.

Dick Allgire
2009-Jul-24 Fri, 21:54
Michele did very well on a target tonight. I don't know if she was in a DUH state or zen or whatever... but her mind was right.
She wrote "ampitheater" and "stadium." Good visuals.
Dick