PDA

View Full Version : Teleportation

Michele
2009-Jul-28 Tue, 19:16
I am still trying to wrap my headspace around some of these concepts, so please step up and feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

It is my understanding that every electron has a twin. If you do something to the electron the twin responds as well.

So...if you cause the electron to teleport, what happens to the twin?

Glenn B. Wheaton
2009-Jul-30 Thu, 00:37
Aloha Michele,
Whenever you try and discuss entanglement it is very difficult to put into words coherently because it is so very complex. There are many ways to approach entanglement. Some methods used to produce entanglements are classified while others are proprietary and still others are in the public research domain. Particles donít necessarily need to be twins to be entangled. Particles donít necessarily need to even be the same type of particle to be entangled.

Every electron may or may not have a twin or a million twins. In research it is usually easier to produce twins to entangle. An example would be to push a single photon through a process that would produce 2 photons from the single photon. The 2 photons would share enough characteristics to assure some level of entanglement. Thatís a sort of cheesy example but an accurate one. Other ways could include using EM fields and lasers to harvest selected particles and force them through processes to normalize their states.

If you had two entangled particles and you forced one to teleport, the non teleported particle would most likely not be teleported. It would not have the benefit of the teleportation force applied to the particle that was teleported. The particle would most assuredly continue to mimic its twinís state, where ever the other twin was, but lacking the force needed to teleport they would be destined to be distant. It does not matter how close or far apart the twins are, their entanglement is secure. They will however continue to exert and attraction to each other and that has a few implications.

Glenn