PDA

View Full Version : Old nubee

Wodin
2009-Sep-29 Tue, 10:41
I'd like to introduce myself to those I havenít met yet, and say ďHi!Ē to old friends.

My name is Wayne Swanson, and Iím from Aiea, HI. Iím a former Guild member and Officer. I was a HRVG student in the nineties, and active both socially, and as a member of an RV team.

I was offered a job on the Big Island with the US Army in July, 2000 and took it. I was still living on Oahu, but commuted weekly to Hilo, so I wasnít able to participate in the Guild anymore. Sadly without constant Guild participation my RVing slowed and finally stopped, and I havenít worked a target in years. Obviously, without constant practice, any meager skills I might have had have pretty much deteriorated to zero, and any memory of my protocols have vanished.

My wife, Susie, was also a guild member, and she is in pretty much the same boat as I am, no practice, no skills, no protocols.

A few years ago I was transferred to Wheeler AAF, and no longer had to commute, but other interests prevailed, and we didnít come back. I have recently been transferred again to Fort Shafter and am working as an IT Project Manager for the 311th Signal Command.

Susie will be retiring from a long career with the State of Hawaii soon, and we might be able to make more time to re-engage with the Guild. If so, a complete retraining would be required, and we would essentially be nubees again.

Regards, Wayne

Glenn B. Wheaton
2009-Sep-29 Tue, 16:24
Welcome back and itís great to hear from you again. I get news every now and then from Sita about you moving up the civilian ranks working for the Army. You probably miss the Big Island. A lot easier to go hunting there. We are all still pretty much together. A few folks have moved to the mainland but they still stay in touch. We will be sure to plan a welcome back party for you and Susie, probably been too long since youíve had to listen to the Patsy Cline music lol. Anyway we can get you back up to speed on methodology so count on us planning something for that. In the meantime I got a server I want you to look at lol. See you soonÖ
Glenn

Dick Allgire
2009-Sep-29 Tue, 19:32
Wayne,

I have training tapes. Come by Glenn's any Monday night and I'll get you some DVD's that will refresh your memory. We don't allow cigars these days, lol

Dick

Wodin
2009-Sep-29 Tue, 21:02
Wayne,

I have training tapes. Come by Glenn's any Monday night and I'll get you some DVD's that will refresh your memory. We don't allow cigars these days, lol

Dick

And where is Glenn's? PM me.

Cheryle Hopton
2009-Sep-30 Wed, 16:04
Dick,

No cigars? Inconceivable!

Cheryle

Wodin
2009-Sep-30 Wed, 16:21
Dick,

No cigars? Inconceivable!

Cheryle

Well; ... maybe once in a while, after all, you can't play golf without a cigar, can you?