PDA

View Full Version : Question for Glenn or Dick

Robert
2009-Dec-13 Sun, 08:33
It's been awhile since I've been here or even done a target. I will have to refresh myself with the protocols all over again.

Question: When I first learned the HRVG patter I literally repeatewd it to myself as I went through each step by step procedure, right down to the colons and comas. At some point I just stopped repeating the patter and just let my self go on automatic filling out each page as it was supposed to appear just because I had done it so often it was "habit."

Now that I'm trying to reaquaint myself with the protocols, I wonder if I am OUT OF structure because I'm not repeating the patter to myself. Is it necessary to repeat it o to oneself word for word or have I been making this harder than it really is?

Robert

Dick Allgire
2009-Dec-13 Sun, 20:57
It's been awhile since I've been here or even done a target. I will have to refresh myself with the protocols all over again.

Question: When I first learned the HRVG patter I literally repeatewd it to myself as I went through each step by step procedure, right down to the colons and comas. At some point I just stopped repeating the patter and just let my self go on automatic filling out each page as it was supposed to appear just because I had done it so often it was "habit."

Now that I'm trying to reaquaint myself with the protocols, I wonder if I am OUT OF structure because I'm not repeating the patter to myself. Is it necessary to repeat it o to oneself word for word or have I been making this harder than it really is?

Robert

Repeating the "patter" as you execute the protocols helps you remember, and keeps you moving. It keeps your conscious mind busy. Students are taught this to keep them moving quickly with a sense of urgency. After you get it down, you just do it without talking yourself through it.

Dick

Glenn B. Wheaton
2009-Dec-13 Sun, 21:04
Aloha Robert,

Ditto's to Dick's reply. Once you know what to do and when, then it's time to drop the patter and function concentrating more on the data than the process.

Glenn

Robert
2009-Dec-15 Tue, 09:52
Well, then I'm glad I wasn't really out of structure. I know that when I had to keep repeating it to myself I always seemed.... just "wasted" after the session...just tired. Still, its been awhile since I've done any targets so I'll have to reaquaint myself with the patter again just to make sure I have all I's dotted and the T's crossed.
Robert

Robert
2009-Dec-18 Fri, 07:09
There doesn't seem to be many HRVGer's left here and no new blood. How does HRVG keep going?
Robert

Dick Allgire
2009-Dec-18 Fri, 21:53
Robert,
If you look at the ongoing presentation this year on Dr. Courtney Brown's latest Multiple Universes project you will see that most of the work was done by HRVG members.

HRVG had a large contingent at the last IRVA conference. I was the MC and also gave a presentation that seemed well received and generated a lot of discussion.

The RV world has discovered you can't make big money these days doing week long classes (Glenn never did that and never charged a nickel for years long training) and a viewer with a simple few weeks training can't really produce much of merit. The RV world is pretty stale.

We've got some very interesting work produced by Glenn and by guild viewers. With our website still being reconstructed we haven't published much of the recent stuff. I think Glenn's "Message Across Time" was perhaps the most significant accomplishment in the history of RV, perhaps in human history, as he may have documented time travel. As soon as I retire from TV news I'll write a book. And Glenn will too some day.

With the economy gone to hell all of us are working more (including Glenn)- and not a lot of time left for RV work. But we're hanging in there.

Dick

Glenn B. Wheaton
2009-Dec-19 Sat, 01:39
Aloha Robert,

We have been pretty quiet of late and thatís not necessarily a bad thing. We meet every week so some donít follow the BBS here. When we are active we are pretty chatty but it seems every year from Thanksgiving to New Year we donít post a great deal because there is just more to take care of and do. In my day Job I recently got more contracts than I would like to have but canít really pass them up. Unfortunately they come with a lot of monitoring and maintenance and that has kept me fairly busy. Dick and James have just returned from Asia, Sita is just back from Alaska and Virginia where she has been in school. Jason, Maria, Anne, Chris, and Debra are still active and make classes although Maria is headed to Asia and Anne has some upcoming academic requirements. Life goes on it seems and this time of year we seem to be a bit quieter.

Glenn