PDA

View Full Version : Beginners Luck (for Nigel)

Coen
2010-Jun-22 Tue, 18:00
I wrote this post for Nigel. Some tips in this post and just some general ramblings.

First, again, welcome Nigel. I thought it would be nice to write a little about my progress with HRVG methodology and how the past three months have been for me.

I started my training end of March of this year. My first session was on the 30th. I started slowly, doing a few sessions a week, sometimes more, other times less.

Let me tell you something about Remote Viewing. It is the most challenging yet hardest thing I have ever done. It is fun and thrilling when you have success, painful and depressing when you don't.

RV requires practice, and lots of it, and then some. There have been times when I thought "I will never learn this", and "OK that was just coincidence", and "Well now that's peculiar", but also "Holy f'ing crap! Out of all the things I could've written down, I came up with that and it was correct data!".

My teacher is Dick. He is the most inspiring person I have ever met. The way he talks about RV makes you wanna listen to him like a child wanting to hear a bedtime story. He will encourage you, yet he will be frank with you. He will make you feel you're part of the team even though you're just starting out. He will cease commenting if he thinks you're talking crap, but he will show his vulnerability when you're truly down and out for the count, giving up on RV.

RV has ups and downs. Every viewer has good times and bad times. Right now, I'm experiencing bad times. My last few sessions have been total crap. It makes me doubt myself, forgetting about all the good sessions I've done.

If you want to learn this, you have to be in it for the long haul. Preferably, it's good if your stress levels are low. Noise and other distractions should be kept at a minimum. And even though there are strict protocols to stick to, you will have to find your own ways to go about RV. Your own perfect time of day, your own place, even your own pen and paper, because you might not find that Uniball Vision or that fan-fold printer paper. And it's all about intent.

I always remote view bare footed for example. I started doing this about 6 weeks ago. I can't do my session without taking my socks off, I'm serious! I need to ground with the floor. And I put ear plugs in my ears, so I can't hear any noise that may be distracting. At first that worried me because it might impair my sense to hear target data, but then I read about an HRVG viewer who was deaf and his ability to perceive sound, while that's technically not possible. In Remote Viewing, it's all about the senses, but using them in a slightly altered way. For example, when I hear a sound while remote viewing, I don't actually hear it in the traditional sense. It's a different kind of hearing. And that's what makes it so hard, because you can't grasp it like you can real sound.

There will be things which won't work for you. Some remote viewers use music to relax, either meditation or bin-aural beats. That's what Dick listens to. Some people listen to hard rock (no kidding, though I can't recall where I heard that). Others don't listen to music at all. I still haven't figured out what works for me. I use meditation music to cool down (i.e. something like session preparation), but once I start my session I need to have total silence. I don't understand how Dick can perceive sound when you crank the music up high during a session.

Also, you need to work fast. My last sessions have been crap. I took too long for everything, made up too much stuff. It happens. Work fast. Think of Freddy Kruger standing behind you, ready to sink his claws into you. Everytime your pen touches the paper, Freddy is kept at bay, only to return when the pen departs for another data collection. You HAVE TO MOVE FAST!

Watch videos. I just downloaded 9 gigabytes of video from the Net, about 20 documentaries, presentations, case studies and other stuff. If your training goes bad like mine has for the past weeks, spend it differently like watching those videos. That's what I do. Don't work more sessions just to up the chance of doing a good one. Well that's my advice anyway, when I don't feel like it, I can't do it. It's that simple.

Make sure your life is in order. If you have too much stuff going on, it will affect your RV. Work is down for me at the moment, almost no jobs. It's worrying and I'm sure it's why I'm performing pretty lame lately. But you have to distance yourself from that. And keep practicing.

I also have a bunch of more tips, that you can read in my HRVG blog, here (http://hrvg.org/discussion/blog.php?u=1050).

If you ever want to talk to a fellow beginner, shoot me a PM or send me an email.

Good luck on your training!

~Coen

Glenn B. Wheaton
2010-Jun-23 Wed, 00:22
Aloha Coen,

Excellent advice for young Nigel. I would add something though that I think is critical. The viewer must get their mind right.

To get your mind right you should have a belief in what you are doing. You must believe that not only is it possible, but that you can do it.
You must have a reason to believe beyond the fanciful wish. You need to see what it actually is.

That belief is supported by the work of those that have gone before you and you must be able to see that work and reconcile its worth to what you know to be true.

This is the prudent plank in the foundation of your belief in RV. When someone asks you why you believe? You can say that you have seen it. It is important when you must rationalize that the information you collected may not necessarily come from this time and space.

Once armed with belief you must be motivated to commit to the period in which you begin to train yourself to remote view. Follow the methodology and learn it exactly. Make a conscious effort to apply the methodology regardless of the outcome. You are training yourself and that is more important than the data you collect in training. The data only tells us where you are in the training.

Somewhere along the way you will change, you will get your eyes, and then you will be the time traveler.

In the meantime stay focused and keep your wits about you.

Glenn

Nygel
2010-Jun-23 Wed, 08:55
Thanks Coen and Glenn for the advice,
Coen, Just watching Dicks presentation at the IRVA , I can see what you mean by inspirational.
I have read that alot of people, when first starting Remote Viewing do have "beginners luck" but then tend to level off after the initial successes, maybe due to the mind not really knowing at first what to expect.
Thanks again guys

Coen
2010-Jun-23 Wed, 09:48
Nigel,

My best sessions have been those where I thought I was the worst.

I couldn't sleep last night. I went to bed around 12:30 AM, couldn't sleep, went out again at 3AM. I was worried by aforementioned stuff. Turned on my PC, after 2 minutes turned it off again. I was in a BAD mood.

Then I got this feeling: "I wanna remote view, now.". I picked 7 sheets from my A4 paper stack. At this point in my training that is the amount I need. Then I picked up my underlying A4 sheets, which I use for ease of writing, it makes me probe better as I don't hit the table wood. I started my PC again, ran an MP3 of a white noise track I use, put everything in place, pen, paper, and other stuff. Sat down, started cool down.

When I started my session I had blurry visuals. Lots of different stuff that didn't add up. For the first time though, I didn't try to MAKE sense of it. You don't do that, except when the protocol asks for it (Dick will teach you that). At the end of my session I had lots of bad stuff, or so I was convinced. I thought "Oh well, at least it will attribute to the consensus that I am still motivated and trying.". I scanned my pages, then emailed them.

Dick's usually very prompt at sending feedback. I think it was about an hour or less later that I got my feedback. I can tell by the way he sends the emails if it's a good or bad session. If there's a forward and a reply, or two, it's usually a review and another one on top of that, indicating more stuff like "Do you see it?".

This session was just one forward. I prepared for the worst. Except the feedback was good, lots of good data. It made me happy and thought "I nailed that sucker!".

Just to give you an impression of my RV. Hope that's inspiring for you as well.

Some HRVG people have Military backgrounds. Many of the targets are of this nature. And there are many references made to Military application of RV when you converse with people like Dick and Glenn.

Here is a nice Military quote about 'inspiration': "It has not fallen to your lot to command great armies. You had to create them, organize them and inspire them." -- Churchill to General George Marshall, 1945.

I'm wrapping this up. Just typing this reply got me in the mood again. Now where did I store those targets ID's...

Coen
2010-Jun-23 Wed, 09:50
[Double post. Please Delete this post. Reply above this one.]

Nygel
2010-Jun-24 Thu, 09:32
Coen
Very interesting post, I've often wondered when a viewer has finished a session if they have any "feelings" or "gut instinct" about whether or not the session was a good one or not?

Coen
2010-Jun-24 Thu, 10:49
Well, lately, I have not for sure. I seem to produce a lot of AOL (Analytical OverLay) lately. But prior to that, not really either.

As I said, speaking for myself I mean, whenever I think a session was bad it turns out good.

I recently did a target of a cattle ranch and I drew the fence of one of the cages. I thought I had made it up, but I saw clear rectangular shapes that made up a fence. Dick sent feedback and was.. well, not sounding vain or anything, but let's just say he was happy with the work. (I don't feel comfortable talking about my good work in here among people which are experts at this. Makes me feel I'm tooting my horn, which I don't want to.)

Sometimes it's not just imagery for me, it's also a feeling or a word or something I can't quite put into words.

In one protocol in the training (you'll get there eventually) you have to note a type of data (I'm not going to tell you what it is) and in the instruction video by Dick, he says "You just know what it is.". When I saw it, I thought "What do you mean, know what it is? How do you know without applying some method to know it?". Looking with hindsight, I now can say I get a grasp of what he meant. Because once I get to that point in the session, I just write it down almost without thinking about it. It may not be correct data, but the data itself just flows out of me.

Feel free to ask questions Nigel. Dick has been very forthcoming with me and he always promptly answers my questions, usually within hours by email, except when he's on assignment. I don't want offend anyone in this forum, but I will say that for me personally it hasn't been a good medium to post my questions. There's a lot of so-called 'lurkers' here that just read posts and occasionally reply or start a topic themselves. I respect that, but at the same time it kinda annoys me (sorry guys, I'm just being honest). So this is why I am answering all your questions as best as I can and am authorized to do.

It's in my nature to want to talk about stuff. I like to converse. I always want to know why and how stuff works (the way it works). And when I don't get my answers, I will find them elsewhere. Some find that annoying, but it's what drives my enthusiasm for the hobbies I am engaged in, remote viewing being one of them.

Cheers