PDA

View Full Version : IRVA 2010 - 10 Things to Improve your RV

Dave Barnes
2010-Jul-02 Fri, 18:25
IRVA 2010 Presentations

Lyn Buchanan - 10 Things Absolutely Guaranteed to Make You A Better Psychic, Remote Viewer, or Controlled Remote Viewer

Lyn Buchanan gave the opening presentation for the 2010 conference with some general recommendations that should apply to any RV work:

1) Describe, don’t Identify - The minute you identify, you use a noun and the noun locks you into a specific path. When you only describe, your accuracy goes up so set nouns aside and describe. When you feel you must use a noun, use a generic noun such as “vehicle” vs. “car” or a descriptive noun such as “car-ish”.

2) Cue yourself correctly – Use a question “well-formed” for a psychic -- one which starts with a cue to the subconscious mind. Lyn offers an example: Rather than asking “What happened to Aunt Maude ten years ago?” include movements. Say “Move back ten years to Aunt Maude” ... which positions the subconscious to then Aunt Maude in the present …then “Tell me what is happening.” “Move to the optimum whatever” – Describe. Use neutral words such as “person”, not something like “trucker”, “child”, “thief”, etc. to avoid pollution. Other neutral word examples include “the location”, and “the activity”.

3) Be in control of your craft – Don’t just let information pop up into awareness spontaneously - train with experienced people to get desired information when you want it. All of the RV methods have something to offer, so you will need to explore the approaches that somebody else has already discovered to find what will work best for you.

4) Keep it Simple – Note: This is especially true for ARV people. Examples – In PK, recognize the simplest component that you need to effect to bring about a desired outcome (example, interrupting a nerve impulse will disrupt a muscle); For solutions to problems, move to a time when the problem has been solved with the simplest effective method then describe the solution in present tense; For “I’m stuck, I’m not getting anything”, use “If you weren’t stuck, what would you be getting?”.

5) Know yourself – You will be good at some aspects of RV and not others so keep records of your successes, know which things you are likely to get correct and which things not to trust. You can work on the things where you have weaknesses, but take advantage of information that you get that you know is usually good.

6) Care – Ask yourself why you are doing this work? If you have a good reason, you’ll be successful.

7) Want the Truth - Remote viewers have a tendency to find what they want to find, so you have to want to find the truth more than you want to prove a point or even desire that the information received makes any sense to you.

8) Be Curious – Most emotions can be a problem because you can be sucked into or over involved in the situation or thoughts at the target. Curiosity is permitted. When you are at target, you want to be curious… “I wonder what is in this room?” “I wonder what is important about this?” “I wonder what is going on?” “I wonder what this means?” “I wonder what this machine does?”

9) Realize the Overall – Never think that the session that you do is something in of itself. When you do a session, you are contributing to the collective consciousness. Take what you’ve learned and teach it.

10) Practice – Even if you are a professional, practice targets are intended to keep you in shape and are likely to improve skills that operational targets won’t. Practice when you are not “practicing” – If you can’t describe what’s right in front of you, how can you describe something that’s halfway around the world or in another place and time. Consider using the shutter from an old camera as a tachistoscope to train yourself to describe things you have only seen for a fraction of a second.