PDA

View Full Version : The Practical Application of 3D Modeling Software in Remote Viewing

Coen
2010-Jul-05 Mon, 08:20
This is a bit hastily done and a little rough around the edges, but I think it will get the message across regardless. If there is interest in it, I can elaborate more of course and provide free training.

Scope

In this topic I will demonstrate the use of 3D software in visualizing remote viewing data. The specific 3D application that I will be using here is Google SketchUp. However, other 3D applications can be used in conjunction with Google SketchUp to further 'model' the data.

Why Google SketchUp?

Because it is fast, really fast. To dive right in, below are examples of actual remote viewing output from HRVG viewers in the Mars Anomoly project hosted on the Farsight website. None of the examples here take longer than one minute to model.

Examples

This first example is of Dick AllGire's session work. The box and buttons have been modeled as 2D rectangles which are later extruded to give them 3D volume. The screen is drawn using simple drawing tools for making lines and circles. The hand was imported from a free online library.

http://hrvg.org/discussion/attachment.php?attachmentid=122&stc=1&d=1278352885

The next example is Debra Duggan's session work. This is a more complex scene, yet can be quickly modeled in under a minute. The mountains are grids which are then given a 3D bulge shape. Using a freehand pencil tool the area around the mountains is drawn. Then some of the existing mountain shapes are copied to the other side and rescaled. In one of the opposite mountains two caves are made by intersecting two solids, deleting the excess geometry and thereby extracting the spaces. Lastly some textures are applied to add realism.

http://www.coennaninck.com/debrlaps.gif

From 2D to 3D

In remote viewing, a person is largely dependent on their drawing skills. But not every person is good in drawing in 3 dimensions. For example I am very bad at it. With SketchUp however, I can draw in 2D, and then extrude what I drew into a 3D mesh, like so:

http://hrvg.org/discussion/attachment.php?attachmentid=124&stc=1&d=1278352934

Adding Detail

SketchUp is great as a previz tool, as it allows for quick massing of a scene. This can be useful after S4 is completed and the remote viewer is dependent on another person to draw the gestalts seen in Edging. Traditional drawing using a pen can be replaced by using SketchUp to quickly build a scene.

Adding detail after a session has ended, is also possible. For example, if the viewer perceived trees or timber at the target location, those elements can be added in later, by loading separate components into the scene using a component browser, downloading models directly from a free online repository:

http://hrvg.org/discussion/attachment.php?attachmentid=125&stc=1&d=1278352934

Training

Training materials are available on YouTube. There are hundreds of videos that can be watched for free.

If anyone is interested, I can make a video where I demonstrate using SketchUp in remote viewing sessions, modeling existing sessions from other viewers and providing tips and tricks.

Glenn B. Wheaton
2010-Jul-06 Tue, 01:46
Ok you got my attention lol. Awesome application, will certainly take session smoothing to a new level. Let me do a bit of homework here so I can give you a better reply, but I gotta tell you it is impressive. Especially as an analyst tool, in addition to a viewer tool.

Glenn

Coen
2010-Jul-06 Tue, 03:30
I'll see if I can make a video tomorrow doing these things in real-time. I'll narrate it too.

Debra
2010-Jul-06 Tue, 15:47
Coen,
I would love to be able to use something like this. It would be worth it to attend an in depth, hands-on workshop to learn it properly. I don't feel confident that I would have the patience to watch an on line tutorial to learn it though. Maybe you would like to come to Hawaii to teach our class?:-)
Aloha,
Debra

Coen
2010-Jul-06 Tue, 20:15
Sure.. maybe Obama wants to subsidize me... :p

I will see if I can do a demonstration today so at least you can see what's possible in full-motion video. It's really not all that hard.

Coen
2010-Jul-09 Fri, 07:34
I found the official Google SketchUp channel on YouTube. This is a good starting point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqcL-xPC-Ys

Glenn B. Wheaton
2010-Jul-09 Fri, 11:23
I think you could be identifying a new format for Remote Viewing data sets that could make a big change in how RV data will look in the future. While I always admire the artist who is a viewer, perhaps assembling models will focus more attention on the captured gestalt and not so much on whether the viewer could accurately graphically represent the nuances of the human form or face. As an analyst tool I can already see where the applications begin. Once we get a few skills with this new approach perhaps we can take a completed project and scale it in this new presentation format and see what we all think.

Best Regards
Glenn

Dick Allgire
2010-Jul-09 Fri, 15:02
Coen,

That has real potential. The hardest thing for me is when I'm inside a structure, like a tunnel, or a big room, or a hallway. Drawing the perspective always stumps me.

Also, what happens when you see 10,000 people? Too hard to draw them all. Or a city with many structures? It gets tedious. I think this could really help.

Dick

Coen
2010-Jul-09 Fri, 20:01
I have a busy week coming up but when I have some time I will definitely take a real project from the HRVG website and model some things in 3D. I'll make a video showing the process, narrating it with my own voice (although I don't like it (my voice)). The last two replies to this topic have inspired me to do so.