PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night "Movie Night Out" Inception...

Glenn B. Wheaton
2010-Jul-17 Sat, 23:50
Aloha All,

With Sita in Japan and Maria in Spain the rest of us will take a movie night out to see the new movie "Inception". The movie starts at 7 pm and the location is the Dole Cannery Theater (18). We will meet at the theater at 6:30 so give me a call if you foresee any problems.

Glenn

Coen
2010-Jul-18 Sun, 06:49
So we're not going to get video (http://hrvg.org/discussion/showthread.php?t=608) from a new Monday class then? :(

Dick Allgire
2010-Jul-18 Sun, 22:53
Coen,
Unless you want me to make a bootleg video of the movie like they sell in China (a guy sneaks a video camera in and tapes the movie- you can see people getting up for popcorn or bathroom break and the audio sucks) we will not make a video Monday. Will make the video in two weeks. I have to work late news shift next Monday and will miss class.

Glenn, my attendance Movie Night depends on the abuse I get at KITV and whether I have to go live at 6 PM news. I'll call your Iphone.

Of note:

Michele came out of hiding and did a real nice session that I will have to post. Dave Barnes also nailed this target.(Waiting for another viewer to finish session before we can give feedback) Should make a nice little presentation.

And Coen also did a nice capture on a beacon session recently. He was with me on my lanai watching fireworks in the sky over Waikiki. It is good work.
I'll get all this posted this week... or will try.

Guild is slowly ramping up, so keep up the work and let's get cranked up for some interesting op targets.

Still waiting for feedback on Courtney's latest mystery. I heard Debra did a knockout session, and I got a "you're okay" which makes me wonder if someone is trying to not hurt my feelings or maybe I did get some data worth posting. We'll see.

When in doubt, do a session. When you "Hit" everyone will take notice. The more you view, the better you get, the more "hits" we post, and life is good.

Dick

Glenn B. Wheaton
2010-Jul-19 Mon, 01:29
Dick,

I think you will enjoy the movie. There is much that you will recognize in the movie. If you miss us make sure to get in and see it.

Glenn

Michele
2010-Jul-19 Mon, 03:37
Of note:

Michele came out of hiding and did a real nice session that I will have to post.

Thanks Dick. It's been a long move this time. I still have some issues to get straight. But, I have stopped power shopping and working 18 hour days!
So, I'm hoping to get back into some more sessions.

Still waiting for feedback on Courtney's latest mystery. I heard Debra did a knockout session, and I got a "you're okay" which makes me wonder if someone is trying to not hurt my feelings or maybe I did get some data worth posting. We'll see.

When in doubt, do a session. When you "Hit" everyone will take notice. The more you view, the better you get, the more "hits" we post, and life is good.

Dick

I owe Courtney part C of the second target that I will do this coming up weekend. I don't understand the 'analysis' task. Can you please explain?

Coen
2010-Jul-19 Mon, 12:04
The 'Family feel' is really strong in here now, I can feel it building up and I like it.

I need to email Nigel about him doing monitored sessions with me once he and I get up to the required level. I would love to be monitored and monitor myself, over Skype, or jumping on a plane (or a boat, as it's only about an hour over the canal) to the UK mainland and doing it live.

Dick, I think the target you speak of that M and D worked, is the same one I still need doing. I'm writing out the ID 'envelope' as we speak. ;)

Glenn, sounds like you have already watched the movie. I have also gotten curious about it. I am hearing good things about it.

Glenn B. Wheaton
2010-Jul-20 Tue, 08:07
Aloha Coen,

Any movie about consciousness is food for thought :)

I won't spill the beans because Dick missed the movie call last night, but in the movie are several themes that Guild members should find interesting and familiar. The themes apply directly to Masking and Entrainment and once you see the movie and let it set in your mind a bit you should re-confront Dick's Tanner Dam Mask and then the Paul Smith Tie Entrainment. It will certainly give you pause for thought. Thought's I would like you all to think.

Now a movie is usually just that, a movie. In this case this movie asks a simple question amidst the story and that question is "What do you believe?". This is an important question especially if you are a Targeteer.

Glenn

Dick Allgire
2010-Jul-20 Tue, 23:23
Aloha Coen,

Now a movie is usually just that, a movie. In this case this movie asks a simple question amidst the story and that question is "What do you believe?". This is an important question especially if you are a Targeteer.

Glenn

Well, I know Coen is chomping at the bit to become a targeteer.
I know I am going to have to teach him, and at some point I may be required to work some of his targets.

At that point the student can become the puppeteer.

Tasking poses a lot of questions- what do you believe? Do you believe when you alone know the cue and the viewer gives you data even you didn't expect, but which is right on...

Dick

Coen
2010-Jul-21 Wed, 03:24
Of course when a targeteer cues a target he/she comes across data by the viewer that is unsuspected. It's part of the full spectrum of incoming data of a site.

Now if one cued a flower field but the viewer produces a sewage spill as data, then obviously something is off. Or, it might just be that the viewer views it in a different time, at which case the viewer was wrong, or the targeteer didn't do a good job of targeting it.

Then again, I'm no expert.