PDA

View Full Version : N3d

Dick Allgire
2010-Aug-06 Fri, 23:50
Gdvan kodj

Dick Allgire
2010-Aug-10 Tue, 19:26
This prediction came true tonight. I have it documented.
Later tonight I will post a link to the event, plus an interview with a person confirming my involvement was in no way influenced by me (on a level they could understand, lol)...

And I have to figure out a way to explain the encryption so you can decrypt it yourself.

The keyword for the encryption is:

STORY

See if anyone can decode this before my post later tonight or tomorrow.

Dick

Dick Allgire
2010-Aug-11 Wed, 19:59
Yikes,
This encryption code Glenn taught us is difficult to explain! This will be a session to go over for Monday class. Those of you casual bulletin board readers, I hope you understand.

This is no big deal, no great prediction, just a small tagging exercise.

Over the weekend I had one of “those feelings” that I would be involved with a brush fire. So I put up a small prediction on the HRVG website, stating that I would be sent to do a story on a significant brush fire within the next 3 days.

I used an encryption code to post this message:
GDVAN KODJ

The decoded message reads:
BRUSH FIRE

They key word to the encryption is STORY.

So over the weekend I posted that in the Next 3 Days I would be covering a brush fire.

Here’s what I did for the lead story on the Tuesday 10 PM news.

http://www.kitv.com/video/24589581/index.html

Let me try to explain this. I put up a post saying BRUSH FIRE and within the predicted time window that was my lead story. I had no involvement with the assignment process. I have a video of the producer stating the decision to have me cover that story was out of my hands.

Here is an explanation of how to decrypt the message GDVAN KODJ.

N3D stands for “next 3 days.” My intention was to predict what news story I would be covering at KITV News 3 days after the posting.

This encryption code uses the alphabet. I used a five-letter word for the “key” to the code. The word selected for the keyword was STORY.

If you are given the codeword STORY you can create an alphabetic matrix to decrypt the code.

(see image N3D_1 attached)

Here’s how the encryption works. You write out the English alphabet in five rows of five letters. (You must have five rows of five, so the letter L is not included. L is interchangeable with the letter i)

So you make 5 rows of 5 letters:

A B C D E

F G H I J

K M N O P

Q R S T U

V W X Y Z

Next you make a new block of 5 rows, 5 letters, starting with the keyword. (In this encryption the keyword is STORY.) Write the keyword and then the remaining letters of the alphabet not used in the keyword. That looks like this:

S T O R Y

A B C D E

F G H I J

K L M N P

Q U V X Z

The encrypted message was GDVAN KODJ, which of course using the standard alphabet is gibberish. Once I give you the keyword STORY you can decipher the message.

The letter G is the second letter in the second row. Look down to the KEY and find the second letter in the second row, which is B.

The next letter in the message D, which is the fourth letter on the top row. Look to the key and find the corresponding position- fourth letter in the top row of the key is R.

Next encrypted letter is V, the first position of the bottom row. Look to the first letter in the bottom row of the key. It is U.

(See image N3D_4 attached)

As you continue to decipher the encrypted message you will see that I posted the message BRUSH FIRE.

If this is difficult to understand, post questions and I’ll try to explain better.

On Tuesday August 10, 2010 I was in the newsroom working on setting up an interview with a woman who was with the Gaza Aid Mission that was attacked by the Israelis. She is a Hawaii resident and had just returned. That was my intended story for that day.

But late in the evening two major brush fires broke out on Maui, closing the road to Lahaina and cutting off all of West Maui. It was a sudden, unexpected, lead story.

So my prediction came true. I have a video clip of the 10 PM news producer stating that I had no input or influence over the decision to have me cover the breaking news of the sudden brush fire.

Debra
2010-Aug-11 Wed, 20:11
Hey Dick,

Thanks for posting the method for doing N3d. I had forgotten it but knew I had it somewhere in my notes.
Congratulations on another RV hit!
Aloha,
Debra

Glenn B. Wheaton
2010-Aug-11 Wed, 22:45
Aloha Dick,

Nice job on the N3D. I know of many of these types of events that you did not N3D. Good to see you sharpening the skill edge.

Glenn

Coen
2010-Aug-17 Tue, 12:03
I won't try to understand the deciphering because it hurts my head. Don't try to explain this to me, my brain just can't work it.

Nonetheless, I think it's wonderful that you have this ability and I hope you keep posting stories about it.

ADD: Dude.. I just discovered I'm listed as 'Senior Member' now. I wonder what triggered that. Must be the post count. I didn't know I was at 112 already!