PDA

View Full Version : Focus

Dick Allgire
2010-Sep-14 Tue, 18:07
When a civilian remote viewing student is told something by their instructor, do they listen with 100% of their attention?

Is this maybe why military viewers learned faster and better than civilians? I was at a restricted military facility today, observing members of the US Navy learning how to dangle from the side of a stack of containers and execute a search while hanging from a rope.

Notice the attention this sailor is paying to his instructor.

I would rate his focus at something close to, if not over, 100%. If remote viewing performance resulted in you falling three stories, we would have a lot fewer remote viewers, but the survivors would be superior viewers.

Dick

Dick Allgire
2010-Sep-14 Tue, 22:09
I want to talk a bit more about that photo of the Navy student preparing to go over the edge of a three-story stack of containers.

Here is another photo. I took both photos, and although the student and I were both secured by safety lines we WERE hanging over a drop that the human mind intuitively understands could cause our immediate death.

So our attention was focused on the task at hand. Me, taking pictures. He was most concerned with going over the edge and lowering himself to conduct an inspection.

The photos show the focus was complete and undivided.

This student did not hear, and was not distracted by, the conversation going on below him between the guy in the red shirt and the other guy holding a cup of coffee. When you are in a remote viewing session, is your attention anywhere near as focused as this guys?

The student was not aware of whether it was diffused cloudy sunlight or bright direct sunlight coming in through the opaque windows off to the side. I bet his vision had tunneled so that he was aware only of what he was holding on to that instant.

In my best sessions, my only awareness has been on the sensory data being obtained as prescribed in that instant by the protocol methodology.

This is easy to say. “This guy hanging from the line wasn’t distracted.” Have you honestly ever put 100% of your focus on the task at hand while remote viewing?

When you learn to focus on a single thing, a single thought, you become a successful remote viewer.

Easier said than done, I know.

Dick

Coen
2010-Sep-15 Wed, 11:16
I often tell myself when I'm at work, coding a site or doing something else that needs my undivided attention, that I don't have to get irritated by a barking dog or a screaming child outside. Because I know that when I'm fascinated with something I can shut out those very factors quite easily, albeit by itself.

I think my best sessions so far have been those where I was sucked in. Where I was so fascinated with 'what this target is about' that my attention just wouldn't disperse, scatter, divide. It happens rarely, but when it does it's a wonderful feeling.

When I worked Debra's target, I (dare I say) knew I was onto to something. I was totally sucked in. Even wanted to quit the session because I was getting shivers. But the focus, .. was definitely there, like that guy in the picture, knowing "This is it, I can't fail, I mustn't.".