PDA

View Full Version : Determining DATE At Target

Dick Allgire
2010-Oct-17 Sun, 20:08
Next week Iíll be teaching a class at HRVG on determining DATE at a target event/location.

In my home I have a filing cabinet full of notes that I took during the original training from Glenn at HRVG from 1997 Ė present.

My notes on Annex C are dated 7-16-99, more than ten years ago.

This is a fascinating and useful skill. Another technique that was never taught by CRV or TRV, which was developed by Special Forces Intelligence and is unique to HRVG methodology.

We will videotape my class instruction and make it available to HRVG students around the world.

Here is an image from a couple of pages of my notes on Annex C, determining date.

Coen
2010-Oct-17 Sun, 20:26
I had a feeling you were online, and you are. Funny.

I look forward to seeing the video.

Dave Barnes
2010-Oct-19 Tue, 17:49
Thanks for recording and sharing these, Dick!!

A few years ago I rented your IRVA S7-Annex A presentation from NetFlix. I think it's been my favorite rental... even if it wasn't intended to end up somewhere commercial.

(BTW - It's still available there for people who aren't willing to commit the full IRVA DVD price without a preview. :) )

Coen
2010-Oct-20 Wed, 02:51
I have that video also, downloaded one day as a torrent. Wasn't sure if it was copyrighted actually. Still have to completely watch it.

Coen
2010-Oct-23 Sat, 13:19
OK Dick so I watched your video. Interesting stuff,.. as usual. Had to skip some parts as it was too hard for me to understand. Hope that's not a let down, I know this is why you train people, to teach this skill. I know you mentioned that some time, but I didn't think much of it. When you mentioned it in the video, I thought "Hmm OK, fair enough".

I've never had military training. I applied for RRF (Rapid Reaction Forces) but was turned down because of my spinal cord. My father does know this stuff though. I remember he used to show me how to determine location with a compass and bearing set. I will have to gently nudge him to brush up whatever's left in my brain.

I have a PDF sitting on my harddrive, the 'FM 21-76 US Army Survival Manual'. There's a chapter in there called 'FIELD-EXPEDIENT DIRECTION FINDING'. I must have a read of it, maybe this will help.

I know, first have to master S4...

Michele
2010-Oct-24 Sun, 14:09
Next week Iíll be teaching a class at HRVG on determining DATE at a target event/location.

In my home I have a filing cabinet full of notes that I took during the original training from Glenn at HRVG from 1997 Ė present.

My notes on Annex C are dated 7-16-99, more than ten years ago.

This is a fascinating and useful skill. Another technique that was never taught by CRV or TRV, which was developed by Special Forces Intelligence and is unique to HRVG methodology.

We will videotape my class instruction and make it available to HRVG students around the world.

Here is an image from a couple of pages of my notes on Annex C, determining date.

I will be looking forward to that!