PDA

View Full Version : The Bridge of Science and Religion

Sita
2011-Jan-26 Wed, 18:54
Since the Age of Reason in the 1800's, science have replaced religion and have even usurped it to the present day. However, when people consider religion, most people only think of the exoteric, outer teachigs of mainstream dogma. If one studies the inner teachings, the esoteric aspects of the world religions, there is a bridge which can close the gap between science and religion, if one looks at the studies conducted by science up to the present day an then look at the inner mysteries, the esoteric aspects of our world's religions.

On Monday, Glenn challenged the class to review our studies of entanglement. Entanglement can be defined as a property where 2 sub atomic particles existing in the same point in space and time will become coupled to each other in such a way that they become like one entity. This is true even if these 2 particles are separated on opposite poles of the planet. They can affect each other instantaneously. Perhaps another definition or name is nonlocality where these two particles can influence each othe instantaneously even while separated at great distances. Science found that they can communicate as if time and space do not exist. Science have thus disproved Einstein's statement of impossibility. Entanglement and non-locality is a reality in today's scientfic world.

What science has proven confirms what the ancient mystics knew and taught in the mystery schools many, many years ago. During those days, the great scientists of the times, Newton, Galileo, Pythagoras, all studied the nature of the universe without leaving the essence of their belief in a universal "architect" or divine presence.

In time the gap between these 2 will be reduced as one validates the other. It is like a dance where one proves the philosophy of the other while the other validates that which can be realized in all of us, that perhaps we are..connected. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Michele
2011-Jan-26 Wed, 19:59
That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Damn straight!!

I think the next 50 years is going to be a very exciting time to be alive. I don't know whether I'm sad or glad that I will be elderly. At least I should have plenty of time to enjoy the major changes that our world and society seem to be headed for.

Robert
2011-Jan-27 Thu, 08:43
"In time the gap between these 2 will be reduced as one validates the other. It is like a dance where one proves the philosophy of the other while the other validates that which can be realized in all of us, that perhaps we are..connected. That's my story and I'm sticking to it."

Hope you all have a good defense attorney.(:-)Teh heh heh.

"That's my story..........."

It is interesting to me that our lives are indeed a series of "stories" we tell ourselves about who we are AND where we are going; many of those stories being fictional, non-fictional, and then a little mixture of both.

I wonder how many of us have ever wondered about the stories we tell ourselves? We can accept the general consensus stories told by the main stream, or we can accept the stories told to us by our society and our parents or we can reinvent ourselves with some NEW stories. The idea of entanglement seems to be the new one (story) emerging in the world today; I look forward to seeing how often that "story" will be modified as time moves on.

"Since the Age of Reason in the 1800's, science have replaced religion and have even usurped it to the present day. However, when people consider religion, most people only think of the exoteric, outer teachigs of mainstream dogma. If one studies the inner teachings, the esoteric aspects of the world religions, there is a bridge which can close the gap between science and religion, if one looks at the studies conducted by science up to the present day an then look at the inner mysteries, the esoteric aspects of our world's religions."

Religion in my opinion is just another one of those "stories" and when I look at the different college courses in sociology, anthropology, history, biology, psychology, etc, including the dictionary, the "story" of religion is altered either slightly or dramatically to fit the subject matter, and that probably includes economics as well.

To me, religion has always been something that contained gods and goddesses we turn to in times of trouble or whenever we wanted to turn inward and just say thanks for being alive, or when we were in need and wanted justification to carry our a war against another people who were not in alingment with our way of thinking.

Is religion, simplified, just a turning inward? If that so what is the difference between the scientist who turns thoughtfully inward to study a problem that seeks resolution, or the remote viewer who turns inwards and quiets his/her logical mind to let the target resolve itself into something concrete that we can render on paper? Is "turning inward" the criteria for religion? Is everyone who "turns inward" being religious, or does the religion have to have a God component?

"Oh no, not at all. If there is no God then your just being spiritual."

"No, no. If there is no God then your just being an Atheist."

"Hummmm. How does that happen. I thought being spiritual and being religious were the same?"

And so it goes on and on, seeking a common ground, a common definition we can all agree up on. So far that has not happened and I honestly do not believe it will ever happen. I do not believe one will EVER validate the other in terms of ordinary everyday thinking.

Will entanglement become the New Religion. If it does then it, the definition of religion will have to change dramatically and I don't see that happening anytime soon. For one thing, people engaged in this conflict will have to WANT to change; the only people I see wanting such change are the hand full who want to see the end of conflict. For the majority however, their old definitions seem to serve them only too well so they will resist anyone rocking their boat.

Change will come as old ideas "die out" and as the old vanguard who propagates the ideas also die; that will not happen anytime soon if the "traditional organized religions" have their way. They will continue to broadcast their religious godly message over the worlds airways and continue to preach by knocking on doors pushing literature into our hands. They are not going to let change happen anytime soon.

If you want something to die out what do you do? Don't water it; don't feed it. Don't tear out the weeds growing around it. Those so called weeds growing up may turn out to be just what is needed to "move on."

Everyone has a story, in my opinion, whether that is being a Christian or some other religious organization spreading propaganda to keep the status quo.

"...if one looks at the studies conducted by science up to the present day an then look at the inner mysteries, the esoteric aspects of our world's religions."

I'm not sure what stories have been concocted? What I do see is science providing ground for NEW stories to be created. Entanglement is one of them, but personally I hope it does not become part of some esoteric belief system. Hopefully change WILL come but not with a lot of baggage being brought with it.

Zen, in my opinion, would be a perfect candidate to replace the status quo. Like canned/processed food in the super market that may read, "MSG" free, we could can Zen and have a message on the side of the can that reads "Religion Free." In Zen there is no reliance on gods or other super beings. That is NOT the case however with other forms of Buddhism I'm afraid. Interestingly enough there are many people that do not CONSIDER Zen a religion at all just because there IS no god at the top. There is only who you are right now, this moment, without the clutter.

Ok. Off my soap box. We all have an opinion. Opinions are like Butt-on holes. We all have one.

Robert