PDA

View Full Version : Psychic Lava Lamps?

Dick Allgire
2011-Jun-27 Mon, 23:07
I think it is called Quantum Tunneling? Lamps that you can make (allow to?) change colors by observation? They have a randomizer chip that changes the colors. It happens via your observation.

We were playing with one that Debra brought from the IRVA conference at HRVG class Monday night. Interesting effect, much like trying to put your brain waves in Alpha/Theta by moving meters when you are wired to brainwave device. Trying HARDER doesn't do it, quieting the mind does.

These are the guys selling them.

Debra
2011-Jun-28 Tue, 19:53
I noticed that the beginners effect was really true when I first started using this-Then I got cocky and I was unsuccessful.
My family and I were eating a delicious dinner at home with the lamp in the background. It turned a lovely shade of turquoise and stayed that way whilst we ate. As soon as we started a sarcasm tinged conversation, the lamp turned red and then white! It will be a challenge to train my mind to behave in a manner that completely controls the lamp!

Debra

Robert
2011-Jun-29 Wed, 08:44
Sounds like a nice tool for bio feedback?
Where do you buy these lamps? The boy selling them at the conference must have got them from somewhere.....the Twilight Zone perhaps?:eek:
Robert

Phil
2011-Jun-29 Wed, 22:27
I must not be smart enough to believe it. :{)

Robert
2011-Jun-30 Thu, 08:23
>I must not be smart enough to believe it. :{)< Hahahahaha.
Yea, I know what you mean. I'd like to see some lab/experiments done. I am dubious but then I was skeptical about remote viewing too. Who knows, there might be something to it...but like you say, I too might not be smart enough to grasp it.(:-)
Robert

Glenn B. Wheaton
2011-Jun-30 Thu, 11:45
I am not sure it is a question of belief. I think it is something to wrestle with as a question of both logic and prudence. Would the prudent person consider Quantum Tunneling as something that is real? Probably not, so you are left with your own observation to assess whether or not something is going on with the lamp. That is the most basic approach for the skeptic. Is something happening or not?

Glenn

Tony
2011-Jul-03 Sun, 19:50
As an undergraduate student, he became fascinated in superconductivity, where he advanced research of tunneling. Tunneling is when electrons penetrate solids, as radiated waves. He illustrated that when a voltage is applied during tunneling between superconductors, the current stops and oscillates at a higher frequency. This was named the Josephson effect. This discovery won him the 1973*Nobel Prize*for Physics, which he shared with Leo Esaki and Ivar Giaever.

Josephson is one of the few leading scientists who acknowledge the possibility of the existence of paranormal phenomena. He has said that the scientist's motto should be, "Take nobody's word for it" (nullius in verba), which he says also includes the idea that, "if scientists as a whole denounce an idea this should not necessarily be taken as proof that the said idea is absurd: rather, one should examine carefully the alleged grounds for such opinions and judge how well these stand up to detailed scrutiny."

His website contains a section on parapsychology :

http://www.tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk/~bdj10/

Glenn B. Wheaton
2011-Jul-07 Thu, 01:23
Thanks for the information. I have been catching up with the related literature and it is indeed fascinating. I understand the principal of the lamp a bit better now. It sounds entirely feasible. I will have to get Debra to bring it by for some experiments.

Glenn