PDA

View Full Version : Small Victories

Michele
2011-Nov-20 Sun, 09:50
I drew line reflection today! I used tracing paper first and then just worked it through. I don't need to be an artist..but it's frustrating not being able to give things the proper dimension. It's just a set of mechanics I've never used this way. Sometimes the whole process for me is destroyed just trying to figure out how to draw what I see.

I know that is part of the edging process too. One of the things I have the most trouble with is 'girder' work. So many targets have some kind of infrastructure involved and it's hard for me to capture that.

Glenn B. Wheaton
2011-Dec-04 Sun, 21:01
Aloha Michele,

I was actually hoping to see others jumping in to commiserate with you in regards to being able to sketch, especially the faint glimpses we get in the remote viewing process. I wish you were out here in the Islands then we could ship you off to spend a few days with Jim Channon. A few folks have ferried over to get help with their intuitive sketching. There are definitely some basic skills needed so the viewer can show us what they see. Dick recently gave me a sketching pencil and I have been having a blast with it. I open a magazine and practice sketching what I see at a very rapid pace and it really helps. Complex imagery I sketch at a more skeletal level and the results are just fine. So find an art class that is free or cheap and jump in or check for some free art tutorials on the net.

Glenn

Bob
2011-Dec-06 Tue, 07:58
Hi Michele,

Since I'm new here I didn't want to just jump in before anyone else.
Something that might help you is a book by Betty Edwards called "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain".
It's recommended reading by some in the RV community.
The theory is explained here:
http://www.drawright.com/theory.htm
I have the book and have read about 3 chapters so far. I paid about $10.00 on Amazon.com
I hope you find it helpful.

Bob

Glenn B. Wheaton
2011-Dec-06 Tue, 22:22
Aloha Bob,

Never hesitate just jump in :)

Much of the Guild chatter happens on Monday nights when we gather in Honolulu so sometimes it gets a bit quiet here.

Glenn

Michele
2011-Dec-08 Thu, 18:26
Hi Michele,

Since I'm new here I didn't want to just jump in before anyone else.
Something that might help you is a book by Betty Edwards called "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain".
It's recommended reading by some in the RV community.
The theory is explained here:
http://www.drawright.com/theory.htm
I have the book and have read about 3 chapters so far. I paid about $10.00 on Amazon.com
I hope you find it helpful.

Bob

I have that book, but I bought a basic series and a geometry book for my homeschooling classes. Algebra is on hold till after the end of the year. But, I have drawing the right side of the brain already.