Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: President Carter admits RV program - keeps quite about other programs

George Guest

Default President Carter admits RV program - keeps quite about other programs

Today from: http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/

February 26, 2006 -- President Jimmy Carter, in an interview with GQ, revealed the existence of a onetime top secret operation involving "remote viewing," the use of psychics in para-psychological espionage directed against the USSR. The Soviets also maintained a similar program during the Cold War.

"GQ: One of the promises you made in 1976 was that if you were elected, you would look into the reports from Roswell and see if there had been any cover-ups. Did you look into that?

Carter: Well, in a way. I became more aware of what our intelligence services were doing. There was only one instance that I’ll talk about now. We had a plane go down in the Central African Republic—a twin-engine plane, small plane. And we couldn’t find it. And so we oriented satellites that were going around the earth every ninety minutes to fly over that spot where we thought it might be and take photographs. We couldn’t find it. So the director of the CIA came and told me that he had contacted a woman in California that claimed to have supernatural capabilities. And she went in a trance, and she wrote down latitudes and longitudes, and we sent our satellite over that latitude and longitude, and there was the plane.

GQ: That must have been surreal for you. You’re the president of the United States, and you’re getting intelligence information from a woman in a trance in California.

Carter: That’s exactly right.

GQ: How did your scientific mind process that?

Carter: With skepticism. Whether it was just a gross coincidence or…I don’t know. But that’s one thing that I couldn’t explain."

The CIA's remote viewing was known by various cover names, including Stargate. The Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) also maintained a remote viewing program code named Sun Streak. The prototype CIA remote viewing program, run by Stanford Research Institute (SRI), was code named Project Scanate. Other CIA cover names for remote viewing included Centre Lane, Gondola Wish, and Grill Flame.

Carter: confirms CIA remote viewing project.

A former high-ranking official of Carter's National Security Council and officer in Naval Intelligence confirmed the existence of the CIA's remote viewing program and the use of para-psychics to locate secret Soviet missile bases and ballistic missile submarines. However, he conceded that both the U.S. and Soviet remote viewing programs were plagued with problems, including constant interference from "third parties."

After Stargate's exposure by ABC's Nightline in 1995, it was reportedly defunded. However, according to NSA sources, remote viewing remains an ultra secret project at the signals intelligence agency. According to those familiar with the program, the protocols followed have actually complied with U.S. Signals Intelligence Directive 18 (USSID 18), which implements the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA). U.S. persons have been protected by the use of mandatory "two person control" (a viewer and a special handler) during remote viewing sessions, carried out in a super secure chamber at NSA Headquarters in Fort Meade, Maryland. With recent disclosures about NSA's violations of FISA by order of the Bush White House, there are concerns that NSA's remote viewing program no longer complies with FISA or USSID 18.

RJB Guest

Default Wow

A little surprised to see any source (if a true source) mentioning a current program.

gen_x Guest

Smile Very Interesting..

Would like to get a comment from the source of the article on the reliability of the sources - any one have any clues on who wrote the original article and contacts?

thanx for sharing by the way!

daz

Dick Allgire Guest

Default There was not just A remote viewing program

[QUOTE=George]Today from: http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/

George copied this information:

"The CIA's remote viewing was known by various cover names, including Stargate. The Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) also maintained a remote viewing program code named Sun Streak. The prototype CIA remote viewing program, run by Stanford Research Institute (SRI), was code named Project Scanate. Other CIA cover names for remote viewing included Centre Lane, Gondola Wish, and Grill Flame."

In response I reply:

People continue to refer to THE (as in ONE) remote viewing program. Stargate, Grill Flame, Scangate, Gondola Wish, Grill Flame etc. was one program that was abandoned and then made public. Everything published on this (The HRVG website) demonstrates that there were other programs, other methods that were quite successful and never publicly acknowledged.

Aloha,

Dick

5. Default

Aloha Dick,

I think as time goes by more will be known about some of the other projects. I doubt the information will come from Paul or any of those guys. I received a call from a friend today who I have keep in contact with who was part of a Navy project that ended in the mid 70's. He, like yourself, is writing a book.

Glenn

gen_x Guest

Default where this rv program info?

Guys I mean you no offence - but I dont actually see any evidence on your site to support another military program. Yeah there are hints but i dont see any names, places, dates - no description of the project, where it was based - or have I missed this in your pages?

I ask because Im really interested in there is.

gen_X

Dick Allgire Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gen_x
    Guys I mean you no offence - but I dont actually see any evidence on your site to support another military program. Yeah there are hints but i dont see any names, places, dates - no description of the project, where it was based - or have I missed this in your pages?

I ask because Im really interested in there is.

gen_X
    Hi Gen X,

What DO you see at this site? More sessions, projects, predictions, analysis, examples of pure remote viewing and remote viewing work than is published anywhere else by anyone.

If you are seriously interested, or are a student of remote viewing you might take the time to study or at least examine various methodolgies (the structure of actual session) and see that no other form of remote viewing is close to what we practice. This was not made up. Someone spent quite a bit of time, energy, and intellect to develop our methodolgy.

Look at the library and see Glenn Wheaton's military record and think for a few minutes, or just read my post on this bulletin board- the first chapter of my book.

If you have any real doubts you might send a cordial email to Skip Atwater (credited with founding the Ft. Meade RV unit) and ask if he has met Glenn Wheaton and other members of this organization, and whether he gives credence to the fact that there were other RV programs in the U.S. military.

This is old stuff and has been rehashed until finally put to rest. If you are new to the field you can be excused, but you should do some homework.

Aloha,

Dick

gen_x Guest

Default woah chill dude!...

Hey dude chill a little!
    theres no need to be so agressive. Just because YOU feel you have stated your case doesnt make it so.

Ive been doing this nine years - so no its not new to me - and yes I have studied many methodologies. But Im stating my opinion - yes I have read the military records and I say it shows nothing! Anyone can have a military record - it doesnt mean they were part of a secondary military RV program. You say there is evidence on the site - im saying that as an outsider I dont clearly see it. And if I dont see it then maybe others also have this opinion.

Look we know the stargate guys were in a mil rv unit because they confirm each other and we have documented evidence of this - bu I dont see any of this from you guys - dont get me wrong you may seem to have a credible and usefull mehod of RV, but as an outsider of HRVG (but not a newbie) I remain unconvinced on the origins of ypur methods as you havent for me shown enough proof of a second rv unit.

yes you may have hashed this out in the past - but you guys are going to have to continue doing so until you convince people like me with better evidence than I have seen on your site. Im not being confrontationsl for any other reason than you just havent convinced people as much as you think you may have. You really dont need to be this confrontational with your replies.
    Im just stating it how I see it, and its would seem im not alone in this.

yes you guys have sessions, yes you show theory and other things but there are plenty of other people doing ths same with their rv sites. take mine for example: www.remoteviewd.com I have more Military RV sessions and official FOIA RV/PSI documents than all the other Rv sites put together - this doenst mean my site is definative or that I have got it all absoultely right. Yes I agree you are fairly proactive and forthright in what you present, but by no means are you the only ones.

Anyway rant over - just chill with the agressiveness - im just stating what is obviously the public face of HRVG that you dont see or realise because your on the inside looking out.

All the best...

Daz

9. Default Why are we afraid of what we don't know?

Aloha,

I am neither responsible for nor do I really care what the general public does not know about Military Intelligence and their activities in regards to Remote Viewing. My purpose in starting the Guild was twofold. First preserve a methodology created by Special Forces operators and analysts, and second, to train viewers in that methodology. I have done both. Whether or not someone believes everything or nothing is meaningless. What is important is whether or not HRVG is a competent organization to not only make the case for Remote Viewing but to instill within its' membership the motivation to push the limits and raise the bar when it comes to individual training and performance. This we also do.

I could have just as easily claimed all the credit for the methodology and organized and trained the Guild but I would have cheated them of their legacy as well as betrayed those that really created it. HRVG is a very fine organization with the worlds best viewers period.

If there is something someone disbelieves about the Guild then by all means take it to them, here, or in PM or elsewhere. If there is something someone disbelieves about me then by all means take it directly to me.

There are millions of skeptics who would gladly stand up one at time to demand their own personal requirement of truth. We have neither the time nor are we obliged to accommodate them, nor will we, or I.

What is really the issue? Is it who I am? Or is it something else?

Glenn

gen_x Guest

I dont have a problem with you or anyone.

Look we are all involved and interested in a subject that has its kooks, fantasist and downright cheats as well as those who are well intentioned and good. Alot of people out there are and have made claims. Im just trying to state how things look from my and other remote viewers and interested parties point of view.

This whole thread stems from this quote by Dick

"Everything published on this (The HRVG website) demonstrates that there were other programs, other methods that were quite successful and never publicly acknowledged."

All I am saying is yes you guys have good stuff - but fior me it doesnt demonstrate another mil rv prgram. Now do I think there was more than one military RV program - possibly - it wouldbnt surprise me!

Do I think your telling the truth - posssibly - this too wouldnt surprise me!

Have I personally seen enough evidence to backup these claims - no.

And thats fine I really do understand if you dont feel you have to validate and put this stuff out there. But at the same time you have to be aware that peole like me arent fully convinced - yet- as i said a lot of people have made a olot of claims.

Im not trying to get at you guys - as far as I can see your doing good work, you have a good methods, and your very organised. I'm not trying to discredit you or be personal - im just tring to show you how it looks from this side of the fence.

Ive spent the last year looking thru the entire Stargate archives and putting alot of this online aswell as talking to people behind the scenes building up a hsitorical picture and idea of Rv development over the last thirty or so years - its just something im interested in. So Im just trying to let you know a point of view.

I guess it comes down to point of view - you say youve proved this second military Rv unit and participation with the stuff on the HRVG website - I say im not convinced - interested yeah! but not convinced - yet!

Carl Sagan said it best: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"

I do not mean to offend - and hope you dont take it so.

All the best...

daz smith