Thread: When will the new HRVG website be ready?

Default When will the new HRVG website be ready?

It's been awhile since a new website was promised. I missed seeing all the dazzling data for the various targets, especially the more in depth projects. Will you be bringing it all back soon?

2. Default Aloha Angel...

I am working on it lol. I have been learning the skills needed to function as the webmaster and site admin.

Glenn

Let me know if you need help with that Glenn! I have also sent you an email about this a couple of days ago. Hope you can find some time to read it err.. sometime.

Things can be as easy or hard (or as you would probably call it Simplex or Complex) as you like. In general, I always state this:

Easy > Faster to set up. Harder to modify.
    Hard > Slower to set up. Easier to modify.

For example, if you use an off-the-shelf CMS (Content Management System) like vBulletin 4.0 Suite (what this bulletin board is powered by), you can install it, add a nice template, set administrative permissions and roll with it. It's fast, but it doesn't really allow you to be flexible.

That is, unless you dive into the code or the administrative modules that deal with layout, presentation and content. All of this is substantially harder to do, but more rewarding in the end.

If you ever need help, let me know. Although I prefer to work with WordPress based solutions because of the flexibility and market penetration (and because it's just a great platform to work with/on).

4. Default Aloha Coen...

Aloha Coen,

It is always great to find talented people who can assist. I will respond to your email tonight. Thanks very much for the help and I am sure we can use your assistance.

Glenn